Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Warcraft (Duncan Jones, June 10th 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 18, 2016.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That's amazing.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Haha awesome!

3. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That's huge though for the hopes of a sequel. I haven't even seen the movie yet and I'm excited to see what's next. Gotta think Arthas will hit the big screen.

4. I could see this on discount Tuesday, and if I was drunk. If I could sit make fun of it, then I'm more interested in seeing it, haha.

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

This better get a sequel, just because the plot will be 1000x better with Thrall, the rise of Arthas, the introduction of the Malfurion, Illidan and the Night Elves. This movie set the stage for possibly the most satisfying geek movie ever.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Tyrande Malfurion Illidan will be the best love triangle to ever hit the big screen.

Other than twilight.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

holy fuck

loudasallgetout likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Also, it's at $300 million worldwide. Almost double its budget.

9. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Lol that was awkward.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Pretty huge statement.

The Warcraft movie is a smash hit in China. Action star Jackie Chan has opinions about what that means.

While speaking at the Shanghai Film Festival, Chan is quoted by The Hollywood Reporter as saying the China was seen as a “nothing market” by the West for decades. That, however, has changed.

Warcraft made 600 million RMB [$91 million] in two days—this has scared the Americans,” said Chan. “If we can make a film that earns 10 billion [$1.5 billion], then people from all over the world who study film will learn Chinese, instead of us learning English.”

Chan also told the largely Chinese crowd that “it is you, not us, who makes China powerful.” Continuing, he added, “So, thank you all—we hope the Chinese film industry gets even more powerful.”

11. zigbigwig

That video was hard to watch. Duncan was pretty cool tho

Henry likes this.
  12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Fuck that dude. His Tolkien comparison was shit and I'm glad Duncan called him out on it. Duncan did an admirable job and I hope he gets the sequel.

red8ge likes this.
  13. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Just watched that interview and wow. Duncan maintained his cool and handled himself very professionally. The interviewer seemed almost disappointed he didn't get more of a rise out of him by the end.

Henry likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I'm glad it's doing so well in China.

This made me curious as well.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Highest grossing video game adaptation of all time. Sitting at $370 million worldwide.

Weird that it beat out Prince of Persia for the top spot.

Angry Birds couldn't even topple (LOLIMFUNNY) Prince of Persia. Too little too late, I guess.

16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

That interviewer was really disrespectful at the end. WTF? You could even see Duncan's face was like .........?

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

There still hasn't been a worthwhile or intriguing video game movie adaptation. At best they're blandly competent, at worst they're near unwatchable or endlessly frustrating messes. Assassin's Creed will be an interesting experiment, and I'm interested to see what the new Tomb Raider will do, given the noteworthy accomplishments of the recent reboot.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's insane that only 10% of this films cash came from domestic viewings.

19. Morrissey

Trusted

Why would people dislike that interview? It is a rare interesting interview about the film itself rather than a junket.

20. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Why would people like it? The way the interviewer presented himself was very stand offish and inconsiderate, especially at the end. You can raise concerns without being a dick.

21. Morrissey

Trusted

That is a pretty low bar for being rude.

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Not at all. He comes across immature and unprofessional as well. What makes you think he wasn't awkward or disrespectful?

23. Morrissey

Trusted

He is asking questions that show he has seen the movie and tried to process it. Most interviewers do not even do their subjects that common courtesy. When you make a movie that is as deeply criticized as this one, interviewers are going to ask you about things that did not work.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah obviously and I mentioned that... But it's the manner in which he approached it that was rude, especially at the very end. He came off more aggressive than anything

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]