Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

War for the Planet of the Apes (Matt Reeves, July 14, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by BackyardHero11, Oct 6, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

And Maurice:

IMG_0847.JPG

Aaron Mook, Adrian Villagomez and Joe like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

4. airik625

Yeah I'm not sure if I want to watch it either.

5. [​IMG]

6. airik625

That one ape in the jacket haha.

7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

One of my most anticipated movies. I cannot hype up the previous two any more than I do.

But I am not watching any of the trailers because I do not want ANYTHING spoiled beforehand.

BackyardHero11 and airik625 like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Seeing this on Monday, can't wait.

9. Dog with a Blog

hnnngggggggg. I'm too hyped. I need to settle down.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was great. Exhausting and relentless and bleak, but so good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

This actually gets me more excited for The Batman.

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty much all I could think about during certain scenes and when it finished.

Jason Tate and thedrudo like this.
  13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I really liked Dawn but this one still isn't on my radar much. Happy it's got some good buzz though.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I can't wait. Wish you could talk about it more. Do they make you sign a waiver in these cases?

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Nope, they just said don't spill any specific plot points but feel free to talk about it. Did you want to know something in particular?

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I always feel like these movies are just a shade or two away from being great and this is no different. Serkis is amazing. The motion capture and visual effects are stunning. It's great to have a blockbuster that takes its time.

But I felt like Woody Harrelson's character was borderline cartoonish and that it fell into some obvious blockbuster traps of convenient timing and some ridiculous coincidences. Just kind of takes it down a peg for me, even though I think they're all solid films.

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Keeping thinking about some of the score in this that is so, so good -- can't wait to see this again.

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The reviews have me really really excited.

19. God I cannot wait to see this

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I can't believe this comes out this Friday. This thread should be wayyyy more hype right now. I mean Rise, and Dawn were solid af

Ken likes this.
  21. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I rewatched Dawn this past weekend and forgot how great it was. I haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters 3 years ago. I'm ready for this weekend.

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The score is on Apple Music, which is one of my favorite parts of the film.

23. airik625

Just purchased tickets for my wife and I to go see the 12:15 showing Sunday afternoon. Been waiting for this forever now it feels like.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

I remember when Dawn came out and I couldn't believe we had to wait 3 years. Crazy we're already here. Typically I'd be watching this at work tonight but I'm out of town and probably won't be able to watch until next week -_-

25. Dog with a Blog

I read a review yesterday that compared this movie to both Apocalypse Now and Platoon. I haven't seen War yet, but if it's as good as people say then I honestly think this might be the best big blockbuster franchise of the 2000's so far.