Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wanderlust (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Oct 27, 2018.

1. trevorshmevor Oct 27, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2018)
    [​IMG]

2. The first season (6 episodes long at an hour each) hit Netflix last week and I went in blind just because I saw Toni Collette was in it. Just got through episode five and uhhhhh I cannot say enough amazing things about this show. The soundtrack is fantastic, cast is phenomenal, and the story hooked me in a way I absolutely did not expect.

3. Just finished, couldn’t have asked for a better ending. I’d be totally fine without another season, though I’m sure they’ll find a way to make one happen. I’ll be here for it anyway

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven’t seen it all yet but I love it so much. She’s such a treasure.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Episode 5 is SO good. Wow. Totally filled the permanent In Treatment-shaped hole in my heart.

Mary V and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to start this, Toni Collette is a treasure and I've sadly only known this since Hereditary

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If you haven’t, go back and watch United States of Tara ASAP!!

8. I’m not familiar with In Treatment, but this has me curious!

I kept comparing #5 to the type of tonal shift Bojack Horseman always takes in its penultimate episodes — just a reeeeeeal emotional punch to the gut. Once I was about 15 minutes in, I realized the whole episode was going to be a session and just out loud went “oh shit

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s super good. Came out on HBO for three seasons about ten years ago. Funny enough it has Gabriel Byrne and Alex Wolff as his son, so it’s been in my mind ever since Hereditary came out. Every episode is just Byrne as a therapist having a session with one patient, and some family life sprinkled throughout. When it came on originally it had an episode every weeknight for the whole run so it really felt like you were watching it in real time.

10. I need to start this show asap, then! Loooove In Treatment

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. Two episodes in and really enjoying it! But, I can’t help wishing Joy and Alan entered into an open marriage without cheating on one another. it would’ve been a really fresh, rich take on polyamorous relationships that I haven’t seen on tv (if you know of some shows or movies that explore polygamy in a different light, let me know). It’s probably my own issues with cheating, my ex being unfaithful is something I’ve never gotten past. I’m still invested and interested to see where the story goes but, unfortunately I do feel a bit deflated and upset witnessing more cheating on tv - there’s another way to depict issues in a relationship, and the beginning of open relationships. Sorry for being such a buzzkill

12. That’s fair! Part of what I like about this show though is how super real it feels most of the time, and while the story could’ve been kicked off in a more unique way I definitely think infidelity is probably just the most relatable thing for a lot of people — especially considering the show ultimately (and I hope this isn’t too spoiler-y) winds up being a lot less about Joy and Alan simply wanting to sleep with other people.

Also, I like how them confessing to one another about their infidelities immediately highlights their instinctive dynamics when confronted with betrayal in a, sadly, super real way. It’s almost comical how Alan gets upset with Joy for doing the same thing he did, while Joy sees it as an opportunity to communicate and fix a problem

Mary V likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Beautiful ending. I’m definitely torn between wanting more because I adore these characters and being totally satisfied because it was all wrapped up so sweetly and I can draw my own conclusions.

The last scene absolutely destroyed me, that’s one of my all-time favorite songs. Although seeing two people get on a bus with it playing makes me uneasy......

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Episode 5 is wrecking me

trevorshmevor and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Just finished episode five of this and it didn’t really hit me like I wanted it to. Therapy scenes felt really dull IMO and the reminiscing / flashbacks never took off. I dunno, Ive been enjoying this show so far but there’s a lot I roll my eyes at per episode. I hope the last episode makes everything worth it.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

This is not what I hoped to see with the thread bumped. It might inspire me to do a rewatch though.