Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WandaVision (2021, Disney+) • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Dodge725

Trusted

This is exactly what I am thinking is happening.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Some more thoughts:

Vision's robot face looked pretty flat, dull, & muddy in black & white. I'm guessing they filmed him with the normal design/colors, then made everything grayscale? Would've been nice if, for those shots, they messed around with the colors a little to give the two main head colors more contrast.

The dinner scene in the first episode was really good. It & the toaster commercial were that episode's highlights. Kinda expected the boss to actually die, like Grim Reaper's covered up death in Tom King's Vision.

The humor was a lot stronger in the second episode, imo. Gummed up Vision, Wanda's manufactured explanations, & "Is that how mirrors work?" "Shut up, Bev," was all genuinely a lot of fun. If they're gonna keep committing so much to sitcom aesthetics, I want it to also make me laugh, so hopefully that continues.

I'm also hoping for some meta stuff when the sitcom's seams are pulling apart going forward, though don't know how likely that is. Showing the set with a studio audience at some point would be cool, as would some meta element when they get to the 00s if it has those Office/Modern Family interview scenes. Maybe that's just the Grant Morrison fan in me talking, lol, but if you're gonna play with reality in this genre kinda way, that'd be a nice element to include. Combining the beds & the introduction of color were a bit in this territory.

Feels weird being a big Scarlet Witch fan but not having a lot of thoughts about her in particular so far. I do continue to love the character & Elizabeth Olsen in that role; just not much to say beside, "yeah, still love her." She's still a pretty passive participant in everything, though, so that makes sense. If/when shit hits the fan, hope Olsen really owns it.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Smittzerland like this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

think I read somewhere that they made Bettany blue for the first two episodes because it translated better to the black-and-white

4. Tim

If that’s the case, I’m surprised that’s the best they could do. Maybe it’s just not a great design for grayscale.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

so I finished both episode and I am now 100% that this show is an utter delight. I might have enjoyed episode 2 even more than episode 1.

6. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

There's a theory floating around that the E2 opening credits teases Grim Reaper

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah they show his helmet

Smittzerland likes this.
  8. Tim

Supposedly in the next episode and/or the one after Evan Peters is showing up as Quicksilver?

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I hope

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That’s pretty early for arguably the biggest surprise of the show. That would make it an even bigger surprise, so why not

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I laughed a lot more than I expected. This feels less like an MCU addition and more of a mystery, which I’m all for.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just watched the first two episodes. I have to say the old sitcom references went over my head a little - would be interested if any others over here in the UK encountered that issue? No idea about American TV from this era.

Having said that, it’s just so intriguing as it’s not something that I would expect from Marvel. It got some laughs from me and I enjoyed the awkwardness of some of it.

Glad they’ve tried something so ambitious as the first Disney+ effort. Hope that continues throughout and doesn’t just end and descend into the usual Marvel tone.

13. Tim

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and phaynes12 like this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not in the third ep.

15. Tim

Are there any other surprise character appearances or mentions in 3? Thought I read a comment somewhere that could’ve in retrospect been about this current rumor... thought it’s sometimes hard to keep Marvel Studios gossip straight, lol.

If not 3, & if that actor playing that character is indeed true, I’m thinking 4 is most likely.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. Tim

Yep. It’s interesting in this case to me because this story itself is intriguing (though anything about how it connects to bigger Marvel bores me). But, when we get into the constant engine of weekly Disney+ Marvel content plus four movies a year, the already tired cycle of speculation machine is just gonna suck, lol.

18. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Yeah one of my friends who’s more into Marvel is already texting me the „ugh Wandavision sucks, nothing happens“-shpiel and I am already tired of it.

Just enjoy the ride bucko.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

20210117_143617_1.gif
    Pretty cool Roku ad today

20. Loving this

21. Loving the theory that Kathryn Hahn is Agatha Harkness. If it's revealed I hope they really lean into it and make it creepy.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

There’s an introduction to two new characters. Don’t know how much of a role they’ll have in the future, but I imagine it should be significant, if what Wanda and Vision is experiencing is reality?

Tim likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

First two episodes were amazing. Such a delightful addition to the MCU.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Had a great time with this.

Elizabeth Olsen had always left me cold as an actress, but she's a real joy here. Also, Kathryn Hahn seems to be designed to play the classic-sitcom-neighbor-friend role.

Very excited to see where this goes, and delighted to see the Marvel formula out the window for this project.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man, elizabeth olsen is great in several things. i agree scarlett witch has been cold as a character but that’s more on the writing, or lack thereof, for her character

coleslawed and Furry Werthers like this.