Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WandaVision (2021, Disney+) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 21, 2019.

1. GBlades

Trusted

This looked great. Got the original costume, Rambeau and I will never see Debra Jo Rupp as anyone other than Kitty Foreman!

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

A spoiler quote describing Kat Dennings’ role

"When Vision finally finds himself humpty-dumptied back together again, much like in the Vision Quest arc, he finds his memories are not intact," they explain. "[In] fact, he has absolutely no recollection of his demise at the hands of Wanda (nor, apparently much of the time following the work done on him by Shuri) and it falls on the shoulders of Kat Denning’s Darcy to fill in the blanks."

The good news: Vision is back after his early death.

3. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

With The Mandalorian season 2 ending on Dec 18, I'm going to assume this will start on Christmas Day, if we're getting episodes on Fridays that is.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think vision will be back to life in the real world. All the scenes of him in the trailer show him with the mind stone in his forehead which his impossible. (Unless this takes place in a fake reality made by Wanda)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah the fake reality is my theory for the show

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I’d say definitely a fake reality, but not in a multiverse kinda way (yet). More so like there’s a bubble in their reality that she’s unconsciously manipulating (which is kinda what we saw happening in the teaser).

Between this series & Doctor Strange, I expect a lot of flavors from the original Vision & Scarlet Witch comics, John Byrne’s West Coast Avengers (when she lost her mind after Vision was mind wiped by the government), Avengers Disassembled/House of M (but not in any of the fan theory mutant ways; just the character ways), & Tom King’s Vision. Which, I love House of M, Vision, & the old domesticated couple, but Marvel’s history of “crazy” Wanda isn’t my favorite. As, again, a fan of House of M, though, I think it can work.

My thought is that this series has some kinda resolution that leaves her in an emotionally unstable place. (But, there’s no, like, lingering multiverse effects like some online nerds are predicting.)

This and/or Spidey 3 then features a closing/credits scene where Strange is asked to see her. And then, Strange 2 is where she has a breakdown that actually taps into multiversal shit. (Maybe with Mordo showing up, with his anti-magic agenda, being a catalyst?) If the Tobey & Andrew talk is a half truth instead of bullshit, that’ll happen here as a result of Spidey still being in the area when shit hits the fan.

Anyways, on the Vision note, lol. Yeah, he’s definitely a construct of Wanda’s unconscious doing, & that construct fading away at the end of the series will probably be a big emotional moment that lingers with her in Strange 2. Wouldn’t put it past Marvel to use Strange 2 to bring (some version of) him back, lol, but at least until that film, he’s dead.

RyanPm40, justin. and ghostedaway like this.
  7. Tim

Side note: John Byrne fucking sucks, lol. I dig his contributions to Claremont’s X-Men as much as the next comic reader, but dang is he an obnoxious creep.

If you wanna read some stuff because of this show, there are better options.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Pop figure leaks show that Quicksilver is in the show. Now the only question is if ATJ will play him or if that’s indeed who Evan Peters is playing.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40, SpyKi and tvck like this.
  10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

hype

11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Ughhhhh why not December

12. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, so much for 2020. But Mando will push us through most of the rest of the year, so I'm still pumped.

13. Tim

Isn’t Soul dropping on Disney+ on Christmas? So, as far as content driving subscriptions, they get to go from weekly Mandalorian episodes, straight to Soul, & then have this waiting in January. So, makes business sense.

GrantCloud and coleslawed like this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I can wait a couple months. I just want it to be good.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some new influences for the show.

"We go up to the Modern Family and The Office style," he reveals. "The talk-to-the-camera, shaky-camera, documentary style."

And Feige hinting that Wanda’s mutant abilities were always there but unlocked by the Mind Stone.

"If you look at the Infinity Saga, I don’t think any single person has gone through more pain and trauma than Wanda Maximoff," he tells Empire Magazine in their latest issue. "And no character seems to be as powerful as Wanda Maximoff. And no character has a power-set that is as ill-defined and unexplored as Wanda Maximoff."

"So it seemed exploring that would be worthwhile post-Endgame. Who else is aware of that power? Where did it come from? Did the Mind Stone unlock it?”

Oskarr likes this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

SpyKi and bodkins like this.
  19. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

To fully grasp their back stories what moves besides the Avenger movies would one need to watch? I watched those new shorts about the Marvel characters and looks like maybe I missed some stuff.

20. Dodge725

Trusted

I think Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame are the only ones they’ve appeared in.

21. Tim

Yep. Wanda is briefly teased in a Winter Soldier credit scene then introduced in Ultron, alongside her bro Quicksilver who dies. And, that’s also where Vision is created, so if you really feel the need to watch/rewatch beforehand (I personally don’t), that’s the main movie to do.

They’re then some of the best parts of Civil War & Infinity War... though like 70% of their development happens offscreen. In Ultron they meet briefly; in Civil War they’re friends with a cute scene together who then end up on opposite side; at the beginning of Infinity War, they’re a couple trying to deal with Thanos, who kills Vision by the end. Toss in like one or two good Wanda moments in Endgame, & that’s literally everything so far.

Staypositive83 likes this.
  22. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Looks like Civil War is the only one I haven’t seen. Wound up with the flu and pneumonia a few years back and watched a ton of Marvel movies but didn’t get to Captain America or Thor movies. Thanks!

23. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

so stoked.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is a lot of fun (probably more so for comic book fans with its not so subtle references).

Disney is smart to release two eps in a row because the first is a long walk to get to the twist. The cast is great, but the pilot is basically an unfunny ‘50s sitcom parody. The second ep is better and the third hits its stride (they only screened three). I dug it. Bring on more screwy stuff like that and (sigh RIP) “Agent Carter.”

soggytime and justin. like this.
  25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Looks like we’re getting 2 episodes tomorrow!

bodkins and RyanPm40 like this.