Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Voyage of Time (Malick 2016 for real) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Morrissey, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

2. My most anticipated. This looks splendid.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks gorgeous.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Can't wait

5. Driving2theBusStation Jun 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2016)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

I'm fucking in.

I'm imagining this (both imax and feature-length) as Malick attempting something similar to what Kubrick was doing with 2001:ASO, but filmed and edited in that gorgeous freeform, natural lighting visual style that will end up feeling similar to a doc like Baraka or Samsara but with narration. For anyone who's been absorbing every scrap of info about this, how far off base does that description sound?

Also I've heard there will be dinosaurs, is this true? If so plz god let the therapods have feathers.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

There still has not been a lot of information on how the full-length version will differ or when it will release. Perhaps the IMAX version is to get people ready for the full thing?

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Wow, finally -- can't wait.

8. Looks cool. This seems more up my alley than Knight of Cups, which I still haven't got around to watching.

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This looks fantastic

10. Dog with a Blog

Holy fucking fuck. Finally. I'm so excited. I'm actually, at this moment, watching The Tree of Life Blu-ray on my new TV cause it's the best looking thing I own

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. Morrissey

Trusted

So the Cate Blanchett is the long one and the Brad Pitt one is the 40 minute IMAX one. I wonder which one will be easier to actually see.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Seems the Pitt version is the one that will be easier to see, from what I remember.

The Blanchett version is having its NA premiere at TIFF. Voyage of Time: Life's Journey

14. This is going to be quite an experience. I'm really excited for it.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

How wide a release is this getting? I hope it's not so limited that I can't see it in theaters.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

oh boi

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck balls that is gorgeous

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

19. Read a couple of reviews (the Variety one is more positive) but I'm still all in on this. Here's the deal, I'm going first and foremost for stunning visuals. Maybe that's wrong but whatever. I'm going to see it because of how long this project has been in Malick's head. I'm not going to be convinced about a god or a higher power, I'm not going to learn anything I haven't seen in a nova documentary. I just want to appreciate whatever is on the screen.

jkauf and coleslawed like this.
  20. Though the iPhone filming is a little whack

21. Morrissey

Trusted

If a trade hack hates a Malick film, it must be something valuable.

jkauf and coleslawed like this.
  22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I am seeing the 90 minute version on Saturday.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

I don't take negative reviews for Malick movies too seriously, but considering this is a documentary I wasn't expecting to see the same "too Malick-y" complaints that his last few have faced. Still think this will be amazing.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

coleslawed and popdisaster00 like this.