Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vox Lux (Brady Corbet, December 7, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 28, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Aug 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

score by Scott Walker and Sia, also co-starring Jennifer Ehle

2. username

hey you lil piss baby

Just grabbed a ticket to see this next Friday!

3. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this is directed by the other guy in the american funny games???

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

Finally watched The Childhood of a Leader today and thought it was great. As I expected, it's mostly style and atmosphere, but I was so absorbed by it. All the more excited to see this one now.

5. yung_ting

Trusted

Yes! Absolutely loved it.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yup

7. username

hey you lil piss baby

I liked this quite a bit. Natalie Portman’s performance is outrageous. Leans a little on the hammy side at times for my taste, but it fits the character. I think I prefer The Childhood of a Leader a bit more than this, Corbet’s aesthetic doesn’t come through as clearly in this film I found. Still, lots to like, especially in the first act. But good lord, the songs are terrible.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This movie was really fucking good. If it manages to get on enough screens Natalie will be running for another Best actress oscar for sure.

10. dash64

This is my design

Watched the trailer for this yesterday, it definitely looks interesting. I still need to watch Jackie.

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

The longer I sit on this, the less I like it. Unfortunate, cause The Childhood of a Leader was really cool. I actually can't stand Portman's performance at this point.

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Interesting take, I heard that from a friend who saw it with me too. What about her performance didn’t you like? Do you think the film didn’t live up to the opening sequence?

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

I think she’s just pushes it too far. It ultimately plays as silly for me. I know there’s some degree of self awareness to her performance, but when the film itself doesn’t really carry that tone, it just didn’t work together for me. I always find it interesting when a performance I really don’t like gets so much acclaim. It really feels like she’s doing the most acting instead of the best acting.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Well this was certainly not what I was expecting

16. eight30

Regular

I saw this over the weekend and it was not what I was expecting too and I guess did not pay enough attention when I saw the trailer (only once) because the beginning threw me. I enjoyed it though. I think.

Maybevictor likes this.