Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Voodoo Music + Arts Experience 2017 (NOLA, 10/27-29) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by suicidesaints, Jun 6, 2017.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I know it's just a poster but should Prophets of Rage be that low on the bill? Also, congrats to Snake for becoming a massive DJ in a short period of time. I know he's been around for awhile but since he's been doing more originals instead of remixes in the last 4 years, he's been on a tear. The rest of the lineup seems a little top heavy but I'm sure there's a few gems in the bottom half.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Prophets of Rage is not Rage Against the Machine. If Zach were with them, they'd probably be headlining, but last summer, unfortunately the Prophets of Rage tour didn't sell all that well. I agree, they should probably be a little higher on the bill, but the bands above them are probably actually bigger draws.

4. Behind the Barricade

Don't remind me haha. I dropped about $80 for a pit ticket for the Brooklyn show and Stubhub had day of tickets at $15. Still had a blast though so I guess that's what counts! You're absolutely right about them not being Rage and I'm not too aware of the bands ahead of them so maybe they're in the right spot. Then again, this isn't a hard rock/metal festival (they're headlining Louder than Life over bands like Incubus and Rise Against) so I can't be too surprised.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting that they're about Rise Against and Incubus on that bill, but I guess you're right, it's probably due to the type of festival it is. I really wanted to go see them last summer, but there were just too many other shows at the time. If Zach had been there, I'd have dropped hundreds for a pit ticket though. I'm hoping they'll tour again and play smaller venues (House of Blues, maybe)

6. Behind the Barricade

Yeah last summer was slammed with a lot of great shows/tours but I knew it would be the only chance I'd get to see 75% of Rage. I doubt I'll ever see Rage live since they don't tour and they play 1 show every 5 or so years overseas or in California. It will be interesting to see how well their upcoming album does. It seems like people are 50/50 on liking it and hating it because there's no Zack. Then again, it's the internet so the louder minority of people dictate how the majority think. They're in a weird position. I can't see them being main support to someone on a tour but they really need to branch out to new audiences. A touring festival like Rock the Bells would be an absolute perfect spot but unfortunately that's gone. If they bite the bullet and be the main support to a band like Linkin Park, it'll do wonders.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I fortunately got to see Audioslave and they played a bunch of RATM songs so that was my "75% of Rage" show. I'm still interested to hear the full PoR record and would definitely go see them if they came back and scheduling/ticket prices worked out. But yeah, I doubt we'll ever get to see the "real" Rage Against the Machine. Probably the band at the top of my concert bucket list.

8. Behind the Barricade

I unfortunately never got to see Audioslave live and it probably would've been a few years before they'd even consider doing a new album/tour. Thinking about it, a Soundgarden/Prophets co-headliner would've done incredibly well especially if Chris came out for a few Audioslave songs. As far as RATM goes, it seems like the more popular Prophets gets, the less likely Zack wants anything to do with it. I thought for sure Rage would do something to protest Donald Trump.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, a Soundgarden/Prophet show would have been awesome. :tear:
    Zack's supposed to release a solo album soon too, so it's seeming less and less likely, but I can still hope, right?

10. Behind the Barricade

I think it was supposed to come out earlier this year. I've heard nothing about this lately but he plays by his own rules so who knows. Also, who's involved in this solo project? I know El-P is busy with Run the Jewels and Jon is doing shows with QOTSA so I'm not sure who else could be in his backing band (if he has one).

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Hope Brand New is on the 27th. Warped Rewind leaves on the 28th out of Nola and I would LOVE to have an excuse to come a day early and explore.

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm really not sure. Last I heard was that El-P was producing it, but I don't know about anyone else involved.