Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

VOLA - Witness (May 21, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by indecipherable, Feb 25, 2021.

1. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

[​IMG]

beachdude likes this.
  2. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

These guys are incredible, super underrated band. “Straight Lines” especially I’m hooked on.

indecipherable likes this.
  3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Cool to see a thread on here for them. Applause was on my 2018 AOTY list and Straight Lines is probably a top 3 song of 2021

beachdude likes this.
  4. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

What are good similar bands to them? Specifically the clean vocals and kind of straddling the line between progressive metal and poppier rock

beachdude likes this.
  5. beachdude

I’d say Good Tiger fits your description fairly well. Check out their newest album “Raised In A Doomsday Cult”.

EDIT: Leprous is another one that comes to mind... also the newer stuff by The Contortionist, specifically their album “Clairvoyant”.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  6. indecipherable

Arcane Roots

whitenblue88 and beachdude like this.
  7. beachdude

YES, they’re one of my favorite bands and can’t believe I forgot to mention them. I recommend starting with the “Heaven & Earth” EP.

indecipherable likes this.
  8. beachdude

9. indecipherable

beachdude likes this.
  10. beachdude

This song is so gorgeous... this is easily one of my most anticipated albums of the year.

11. indecipherable

Let's go...

Carrow and beachdude like this.
  12. beachdude

Fantastic album imo

13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Somehow missed this album thread, so excited for this, the singles were incredible, especially Straight Lines.

beachdude likes this.
  14. Micah511

Love this album so far. Napalm has been stuck in my head all weekend. Stone Leader Falling Down is another highlight for me from the previously unreleased songs.

beachdude likes this.
  15. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Cool album, really digging "24 Light Years," this band does a really good job balancing the electronic/metal/pop aspects.

Only song I'm not really into is "These Black Claws," kind of a swing and a miss, that one

16. Micah511

I don't love the rap verse, it is a little jarring, but I think everything else about the song lands really well. Probably the most massive chorus on an album full of monstrous ones.

beachdude likes this.
  17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I agree on the chorus, it almost otherwise makes up for it - I respect bands trying different stuff like that out regardless. Could be one of those things I'll get used to in time over replays

beachdude and Micah511 like this.
  18. Micah511

This is second on my aoty list behind Manchester Orchestra. I can understand the complaints of this being streamlined and too chorus focused, but honestly that scratches an itch for me that I feel like progressive rock lacks in a lot of ways. It's the same reason I loved the PTH and Caligula's Horse albums from last year. The production is also immaculate.

beachdude likes this.
  19. Horrorca

Trusted

excited to dig into this one!

I’m also super pumped for the new Vildhjarta

20. Saw these support Anathema at their homecoming show in Liverpool in 2019 and I really liked them - for some reason this is a lot heavier than I expected??

21. Micah511

first album was pretty djent-y, second album toned that down to an extent and got a little dreamier sounding, this kind of mashed the two together in a more streamlined, chorus focused package.

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  22. beachdude

God DAMN this album still fucking slaps. “These Black Claws” remains a standout for me, I wish more bands would try stuff like that.

Micah511 likes this.
  23. Micah511

2 years later bump, been a kick of these guys. Liking Inmazes and Applause of a Different Crowd a lot more than when I gave them chances in the past. I think the Live from the Pool performance made some of those older songs click more.

Phantoms likes this.
  24. Micah511

This is premiering later today, very excited. Riff sounds real crunchy. I’m guessing we won’t hear anything about an album for a while, and that this is the hype single before their US tour that’s about to start.

25. Micah511

heck yeah, this rules