Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I go by last name.

Chris Yates and stnewton like this.
  2. Last name on the shelf.

3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Hey guys,

I mentioned this in another thread and people seemed interested so I thought I would just make a post about it.

I am currently planning a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. This is a huge dream of mine, and I've realized that I am in a place where I can actually make it happen. So I'm going to.

It's a big financial burden though. So in order to do this I have to sell my record collection.

Not an easy decision because I've spent years building it, but I've weighed the pros and cons and decided to do this.

Here is a Google Doc where I am actively updating what I have and what's been sold. Feel free to DM me with questions/offers.

I am basing all prices on what they've been going for online. Mainly using Discogs and Ebay. Going on average about 5 or 10 less whatever they've been going for.

So I have some that are worth quite a bit. But I am definitely willing to work out a deal.

This site is the reason I listen to the majority of records on this list, so I figured it would be cool to disperse back.

Thanks for your interest!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

stnewton and Jacob Tender like this.
  4. Question: Which City and Colour album is that? There's no title listed haha.

5. Today, I acquired my 99th, 100th, and 101st records: Pet Sounds, Plans, and To Pimp a Butterfly, respectively. It was a good day.

PyramidPostcard and Jacob Tender like this.
  6. contra11mundum

Crap haha. I'll fix that right away. It's If I Should Go Before You.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Ah, gotcha. No worries haha. I may be contacting you about that Ryan Adams box set as a gift for my brother, but I don't know when I'd have the money to spend on it.

contra11mundum likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

Awesome. Feel free to DM me with any questions!

9. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

10. packaging is really cool on this

[​IMG]

11. agreed - I got the 180g black

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Do you guys keep the dust cover off? I keep mine off, but put the guard over the stylus.

jordalsh likes this.
  13. no it's just open for the pic haha

14. contra11mundum

Went through my records and updated my list with a few I accidentally left out (Switchfoot, Revenant soundtrack, etc)

Records For Sale

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The Wallflowers' Bringing Down the Horse is getting a reissue and I'm so fucking happy about it.

16. new slingshot dakota

17. and I love this Chelsea Wolfe variant

Kyle Huntington likes this.
  18. Finally grabbed Futures, found the 140g double-LP cheaper than I've ever seen it ($25)

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone tried out the discogs app? I need to catalog my collection and wondering if it's discogs is worth it and the app is good on checking on what you have.

20. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

The 1975 deluxe boxset still makes me so happy that I got it.

Also got the new (and final) Places To Hide album in the post last week.

21. contra11mundum

Updated my vinyl list by deleting all the sold/on hold stuff so it's easier to look through, and I also added some things I missed while going through my collection again. (Jimmy Eat World, Kevin Devine, Revenant Soundtrack, etc).

Thanks for giving it a look!

Check it out here.

22. contra11mundum likes this.
  23. contra11mundum

25. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Yesterday I picked up Relationship of Command, Run the Jewels, and R.A.P. Music :peace:

stnewton likes this.