Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 481

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Go check the big d instagram they just posted a new strictly rude pressing!

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I love Strictly Rude

3. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

Thanks! Pro Ject X2. My AT has been good to me the last 8 years but figured it's time to upgrade.

I was going to buy a white, but my wife saw there was walnut and suggested to get that. I do like the minimalist look to it!

She was against me spending so much money. It's my 40th in a few weeks and figured I'd just bite the bullet. Now that shes heard what comes out of this TT, she actually wants to listen to records when's she's working from home.

4. Pulled the trigger on affordable copies of Some Rap Songs and Lenses Alien! Two all-timers that I could never seem to find.

Now if only I could find Mm.. Food...

trevorshmevor and OotyPa like this.
  5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

My local newbury had a copy of Title Fight - Shed, which I’ve been looking for! Also grabbed Thrice - Major/Minor which was on sale. And I had a 15% off code! Also grabbed four volumes of Chainsaw Man. A good day

JoshIsMediocre and Aaron Mook like this.
  6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

A good mail day
    B558F3B0-43C2-4A76-BB91-73DDE83E5E4C.jpeg

7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Midtown seemed to have a lot of copies of all 3 releases at the show tonight. They looked beautiful. $30 each. I was so about to pull the trigger, but I have the original pressings and already spent $200 on their other merch.

Zilla and Jason Tate like this.
  8. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how many pressings there are/how are rare it is but pretty stoked on this from Newbury comics a few weeks ago

3EC3BFA5-D2B9-43B2-8A1E-8DF67BE0487D.jpeg

9. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Huge step up, right?! Love my Pro Ject

R.J. Carlos likes this.
  10. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Can anyone tell me if the newest 1975 sounds good on vinyl? Hearing conflicting stuff and I just got bought kinda a pricey version.

11. jayreimenschneider

Regular

IMG_3972.JPG

Grabbed this one at a local shop yesterday. There seems to be two pressings of this record, Tiny Engines in 2015 and a Dreams of Field repress in summer 2022. It wasn't marked as used at the shop, but I'm tempted to call this the Transparent Blue from the original Tiny Engines pressing. There doesn't seem to be any non-mockup photos online of the 2022 blue so I'm curious if anyone here has it and can confirm if it's opaque blue or not?

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  12. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

Today’s listens:

Cocteau Twins - “Heaven or Las Vegas” (OF UK press)
    Red House Painters - RHP1
    Cove - Cove (Record Release version)
    Morrissey - Everyday is Like Sunday 12”
    Shai Hulud - Just Can’t Hate Enough (clear w/ pink splatter)

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

manoverboard365 likes this.
  14. Jim likes this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

@DaydreamNation by the way, stumbled across Bows+Arrows at my local shop yesterday - literally gasped haha. then saw it was $200 and i've been sweating fighting the urge to go back and get it. got a feeling a re-press is coming with them being reunited again.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  16. momo32t

Trusted

17. I think so, they've recently repressed some of their other stuff too I believe

18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Scooped but good lord "This is a presale item set to ship around 06/30/2023"

momo32t and Zilla like this.
  19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they’ve all recently gotten. b+A is due!

20. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

New Metric pressing here
    BBFCE641-4BAA-4BB8-9C7F-C36478AC0B55.jpeg

Zilla and anonimito like this.
  21. Maybe this has been posted in here before, but I know I can’t be the only one that hates this hobby when it comes to moving. I got five of these, and they fit my collection of 392 like a charm. 12 5/8 width, a nice snug fit with sleeves on. Doesn’t change how heavy they are, but cost wise these seem to be a much better option than the proprietary vinyl moving boxes you see online that are like $40 each and only fit like 50

Small Moving Box

22. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Small Uhaul boxes... GOT IT. Making a mental note for when i eventually move again.

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It’s just the right time of year to snag this one
    A76DE94E-BE1F-4B89-926F-835866C82DD8.jpeg

24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Well I finally got just about all my outstanding orders, my Some Stranger LP should be here today or tomorrow and thats the last one for the year (ordered that October of 2020 I think so long time coming but well worth the wait). My copy of Pono by AGBPOL showed up yesterday as well to my surprise since I totally forgot I even ordered a copy last year. I think I did pretty good this year at keeping my record purchases to a minimum like I was hoping. Think I only bought like 8 records throughout all of 2022.

25. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Turntable is sick, I have the Ortofon blue on the Fluance RT85, I think yours is a significantly better turntable though. What did you have before? Liking the sound of the Ortofon so far?

R.J. Carlos likes this.