Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 401

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gotcha.

2. Saturday morning in St. Louis

A0E31852-AB93-4C15-8646-D03C93478BCA.jpeg

3. disambigujason likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Picked up two of my favorite releases from quarantine times.

4D9C2D25-6EFD-4DFA-8201-27FEAF0E9260.jpeg

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

3B2A7EEB-17B7-4D38-B0EC-18F017863E59.jpeg

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

JEALOUS

7. A38CE0E9-64A6-45AB-B10F-82DB40E55A42.jpeg

Blainer93 and chewbacca110 like this.
  8. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

9. selling a good amount of good stuff - prices do not include shipping or PP fees. I only take PayPal. DM if interested.

Balance and Composure - Separation (fourth press on purple/green haze /1000) - $100
    Balance and Composure - The Things We Think We’re Missing (second press opaque yellow and black haze /1000) - $OLD

Childish Gambino - Because the Internet (2xLP translucent pink Walmart exclusive) - pending
    Childish Gambino - Awaken My Love (translucent blue Walmart exclusive) - $25
    Childish Gambino - Kauai (record store day exclusive 2022 split variant) - $OLD

Converge - Thousands of Miles Between Us (first press /500 2xLP orange/white Kings road merch exclusive includes the blu-ray, book, slipmat and patch) - $150
    Converge - Jane Live (2xLP red Florian Bertmer Edition /500) - $50
    (Or buy both for $185)

Indigo De Souza - Any Shape You Take (Supernova [Blue And Pink Starburst] first press /250) - $80

Every TIme I Die - Ex Lives (first press on clear /500) - $80
    Every TIme I Die - From Parts Unknown (first press on green /400 exclusive to ETID mailing list) - $90
    Every Time I Die - Radical (clear with yellow and purple splatter first press merch connection exclusive /1000 comes with Jordan Buckley numbered art print) - $60
    (Or buy all three for $180)

Free Throw - Piecing It Together (Blue, Grey, and Red Striped Vinyl first press /400) - pending

The Lawrence Arms - Metropole (first press /800 translucent orange) - $150
    The Lawrences Arms - Skeleton Coast (first press Malort variant /1000) - $70
    (Or buy both for $200)

Quicksand - Interiors (first press /500 Transparent Clear/Black indie store exclusive) - $15
    Quicksand - Distant Populations (first press /500 Project M exclusive Hot Pink & Cyan Pinwheel) - $50
    (Or buy both for $60)

Real Friends - Composure (Transparent Orange Crush / Opaque Oxblood / Aqua Blue Tri-Color first press /250) - $35

Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone (Blood red and bone pinwheel with heavy black splatter first press /200) - pending

Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends (5th press /1349 on solid red vinyl) - $140
    Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be (5th press /1549 orange translucent hot topic exclusive) - $85
    (Or buy both for $210)

Thursday - Full Collapse (6th press solid orange /200) - $95

Tyler The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost (2xLP black alt cover first press) - $50

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (180g white / indie store exclusive) $40
    Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride (2xLP orange translucent) - $60
    (Or buy both for $80)

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

New pressing of searching for a former clarity is up on fat.

Groogz likes this.
  11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

12. 4760D37C-8272-4365-8A3C-450489516A8D.jpeg

SmashRipsaw and Chcurry182 like this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Oh geez I don't want to look up and see how much my first press sunfire variant of Separation is if the 4th press is going for that much.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

15. Micah511

Hey I've actually been to the one in Portland! It's a pretty cool store. From what I remember they can ship something for you if you see something you want and don't want to travel with it back home. It felt a little like a bookstore with a higher focus on albums/books/comics that people who frequent this website would like.

Matt likes this.
  16. Micah511

To add on to that though, it has a very chain feel to it. I'm guessing there's some local record stores that would be a cooler stop. I didn't have much time in Portland and didn't research ahead of time, so it was a safe bet. We were too concerned with seeing lighthouses/making our way up to Acadia.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've pretty much combed through everything at my local Newbury Comics so I'm looking forward to browsing another store's selection even if it's a chain. It's hard to find good record stores in the suburbs unfortunately

waking season likes this.
  18. stonecoldnimrod

Trusted

my poor wallet:

43D52166-A9AC-4051-8508-F3773675D8D0.jpeg

manoverboard365 likes this.
  19. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

If you're heading to Portland (ME), the city has a handful of local shops you should check out before Bull Moose. Not sure if people remember their terrible handling of employee union stuff last year. Off the top of my head I remember Strange Maine is a pretty great and tiny one and they give you a cool bumper sticker when you buy a record. Otherwise the discogs record shop mapper is a super useful tool for finding shops wherever you may be.

SAB22 and Matt like this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Strange Maine looks cool, thanks.

I looked into the Bull Moose story a little more and it looks like that location unionized and the founder offered everyone their jobs back with back pay. Still shitty, and fuck their management, but I feel (slightly) better about going. Hopefully they are doing right by their employees.

Bull Moose workers join union in wake of mass firing, rehiring

mattav152 likes this.
  21. Micah511

Anyone want my black copy of Turnstile's GLOW ON for $50 shipped? I've spun it a few times but it's in great shape.
    upload_2022-5-19_13-17-5.png

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I’m sure someone in the Turnstile thread would probably buy it.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

24. bradsonemanband May 19, 2022
    (Last edited: May 19, 2022)
    REDACTED

25. manoverboard365

Trusted