Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 312

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I ordered Hum - you'd prefer an astronaut back in like march and it still has no idea when its going to ship. SRC sucks.

2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Some of these are for upcoming records but I ordered the Underoath and Dikembe ones like 6 months ago. Sadly I doubt I'll get any of these outside of the Hundredth LP until March:

Underoath Set
    Dikembe
    Hundredth
    Svalbard
    Orchid Mantis
    Teenage Wrist
    Slaughter Beach Dog

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Hundredth turned out fairly disappointing from the mock up but man, it sounds so nice.

mattav152 and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

That LP is awesome, coming from a devout Michael Nau fan. Dude puts out so much music and all of it is such a good mood elevator. Anyway, that weird cut 7'' wont spin on my player and it's killing me since it was produced by someone else I worship, Jim James.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. navidson

Regular

All of these lockdowns are going to bankrupt me

Attached Files:

SAB22 likes this.
  6. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Just pre-ordered the new Citizen, so add it to the list

waking season likes this.
  7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Underoath
    Fall of Troy Doppleganger represses
    Taylor’s Evermore
    Whole Lotta Red

What my pre orders look like

8. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I have on pre-order:

Taylor Swift - Evermore
    Underoath Boxset
    Wonder Years Suburbia/The Upsides boxset (galaxy variant)
    The Academy Is... - Almost Here FBR 25th Anniversary repress

I also have a copy of Santi now on the way, as I was in a TAI mood after pre-ordering Almost Here

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

All Metallica albums being repressed on limited colored vinyl at Walmart of all places:

https://www.walmart.com/m/deals/metallica

EDIT: I take that back, it's not their entire discography. Just Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, Black Album and Hardwired.

Guess they knew no one would want the Loads or St Anger haha

10. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

re: Dancing With a Ghost - "I actually just spoke with the vinyl plant. They are shipping the records to us today/tomorrow and they'll be in early next week. As long as there are no further delays of any kind I am anticipating that we'll have all orders shipped by the end of next week. Sorry for the inconvenience! "

highfidelity203 and Matt504 like this.
  11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

yea I just got the exact same response lol

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

ive had an lp120 for about 6 years now and im wondering if I should replace the cartridge or just get a new turntable altogether.

13. BackwardsWalker

Regular

ive had mine for about 4 and was about to replace the stylus. No specific reason it just felt like the existing one put enough hours in. I’d be lying if I heard or seen any difference between now and when I first got it though.

Is there a specific reason why you want to either replace the cartridge or get a new TT? Just to upgrade or another reason?

14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Well I’ve been using it very regularly for the past 6 years so it’s almost certainly time for a new needle/cartridge. Otherwise the turntable still works fine and is in great condition. Same with the rest of my set up. I decided to just buy an Ortofon red.

16. Got this reply today

Attached Files:

17. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

The amount of Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave pressings that have been put up on eBay makes me think FBR is going to repress it during their 25 anniversary repressings.

Either that or it’s anticipated haha.

momo32t, smowashere and MegT585 like this.
  18. Clockwork

Regular

That would be awesome. I have the box set pressing, but if they did something cool with a repress I’d definitely buy it.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Definitely a record I’d love to own but not at its current market value.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  20. fbrrocks

Trusted

if it was part of it,it would be sliver. all the pressing from fbr for the 25 will be silver

21. Clockwork

Regular

That’s a little boring, especially if their silver vinyl is just grey like most I’ve seen. But I’d have to wait and see if it’s worth it.

22. fbrrocks

Trusted

Clockwork likes this.
  23. Jbent

Trusted

Between the buried and me Colors remaster vinyl just arrived, hell yea

24. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

How do you all display your records while you have them out? I made a flimsy holder out of cardboard, but maybe something more substantial is in order.

25. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I use a picture stand but if you check Etsy and such, there are some that advertise themselves as record now listening stands.

SmashRipsaw likes this.