Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 307

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Jim

Trusted Supporter

haha yeah my Target has them on the shelf. i have it on pre order but am tempted every time I go.

Craig Manning likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'm kind of baffled that there are still preorders out there that haven't gotten to people yet. I got mine two weeks ago. Some people got theirs like a month ago. It seems like they're sending them out in batches, but it feels like a pretty big failure in fulfillment to have that much variation in when people get their orders.

3. @@ron

Regular

Yeah mine has been in pre-shipment status since 11/19. Pretty crazy

bobby_runs likes this.
  4. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Just out of curiosity, what variant did you preorder? May have shipped in batches depending on what's come in from the pressing plants.

Mine is the hide-and-seek.

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm also waiting on the hide and seek variant! I got the processing email over 2 weeks ago, still no shipping confirmation.

Smittzerland likes this.
  6. @@ron

Regular

Mine is the Stolen Lullabies version

7. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Also "Hide and Seek", label created 11/18, no update since

8. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I never got shipping confirmation email for mine. Only got the processing email but it showed up last week for me

9. I finally got an estimated delivery date last week for mine. And when I got within one day of the date, it got pushed back one day lol. And now that’s happened a couple times.

10. Smittzerland

Going to shoot out an email to see if I can get any more info

11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

83F4763D-9848-4056-89EA-161F99330478.jpeg

Caspian collection is finally complete

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

DBFA45E6-FE3A-468D-866A-10C72C35CF78.jpeg 443EB1D3-043F-4DBD-9098-1530244F5186.jpeg

So happy to finally own this

13. wow, that’s gorgeous!!

14. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I would like nothing more than an entire day of just playing that discography in full

chewbacca110 and waking season like this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

coleslawed and waking season like this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

That’s what my friend said too haha. The mock-up make it look more opaque but I’m actually glad it’s not. The blood splatter is fitting for the album.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

AF267930-F43C-401F-8BB0-6AF57595171D.jpeg

An all-time favorite

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

hell yeah

waking season likes this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

F3C67FA7-FE81-4AB4-BE13-A875EF662667.jpeg

Last one for the night

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

dude rules

waking season likes this.
  21. phaynes12

Vinyl Me Please announced they’re adding a fourth track, along with Essentials, Classics and Hip Hop, with a Country album of the month.

starting Feb.

22. Smittzerland

Is VMP worth the money? Considering subscribing in the new year.

23. phaynes12

as a whole, I would say no. i tend to do the three months once a year when there's something I like, and most the time end up cancelling. if they do for country what they've done for rap releases, though, I might be back in

Smittzerland likes this.
  24. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

They have a few really cool releases every year, but a lot of stuff I’ve never heard of as well. Personally, I’d rather just spend a couple extra bucks on a pressing they’ve done on a secondary market if I want that album over buying a whole subscription and deal with one album out of every 3 I’m paying for becoming an album I actually want.

25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I also have only sporadically signed up for 3 month subs once a year or so. The quality of their records is great, and I love all the releases I own by them. Their choices of albums can be hit and miss and there is a lot of stuff they put out that I’ve never heard of. This can be good because I’ve given albums and musicians a shot that I might not have checked out on my own, but it can also cause you to settle for something you wouldn’t normally pay for.

the price used to be $81 for 3 months which I thought was fair for what you get. After the recent price increase though, they are going to need to put out some really great records for me to justify the price and sign back up.