Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 305

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. highfidelity203

Hailey, It Happens Prestigious

I was so pumped finding one and it happened to be the black vinyl as opposed to the teal which the seller thought it was. I love Nathanson and I’d like to have all his records from Some Mad Hope on but damn is Modern Love expensive. Even Sings His Sad Heart is getting pricey.

momo32t likes this.
  2. momo32t

Trusted

I got lucky a few years ago and someone sold me the factory pressing of ML with no cover. When he did the limited release last year I got that and then flipped the factory copy.

I thought Sings His Sad Heart was still generally available?

Would love for them to press At the Point and Beneath These Fireworks one day but Matt himself has said it’s unlikely as his former label owns the masters

3. highfidelity203

I’ve only seen Sings in the $60-$75 range recently. That’s awesome you were able to get Modern Love. I still haven’t heard anything pre-Some Mad Hope but any older songs he played on his wheel tour were awesome. Did you order the Live record he put out?

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Ordered Some Mad Hope and Rogue Wave’s Descended Like Vultures last night

5. bodkins

Trusted

Just pre-ordered Coldplay's "Christmas Lights" 7" for way too much money but damnit I love that song and I've waited forever.

Also snagged Hawkboy's EPs for a decent enough price this morning.

smowashere and Kyle Max like this.
  6. momo32t

Trusted

I did preorder it! I know he said the vinyl will be delayed until next month at the earliest. But if you’ve never listened to At the Point (his first live album) you should. Really captures his stage banter well.

7. Just pre ordered a new press of sports by modern baseball on newbury comics. Limited to 300.

DeRRek likes this.
  8. highfidelity203

I’m excited for that one. I was actually at one of the two Paradise shows and the banter is awesome. First time seeing him and it was easily one of my favorite shows ever. I’ll have to give At the Point a listen.

momo32t likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I just decorated my apartment with a first spin of A Charlie Brown Christmas on green vinyl playing in the background. I don’t fancy myself a nostalgic/sentimental person around the holidays, but this was damn near perfect.

10. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

11. highfidelity203

Facebook group called Emo Vinyl and Merch Exchange - one of the members posted an In Search Of and I mentioned in the comments I was also looking and I got a PM with someone willing to sell a copy they purchased in duplicate that was never opened. I got lucky.

Fixed Glitch and momo32t like this.
  12. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

If anyone ever has a copy of Just Married by Glocca Morra that they are willing to part with (for hopefully not a fortune) please DM me!

13. momo32t

Trusted

I paid $60 for it last year and never felt luckier

highfidelity203 likes this.
  14. highfidelity203

Same! I got mine for $50 and I was really lucky. I wish someone would press The Bell and the Hammer

15. momo32t

Trusted

Truer words have never been spoken. I think it’s such a vastly underrated album.

Also waiting forever for Kindo to send me the pressing of Rhythym, Chord and Melody

16. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Wow, that’s awesome. Would love to find one, but I’ve been pretty lucky in the past so I can’t complain too much.

surprised it hasn’t been repressed

17. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Rise Records - $10 vinyl sale

I See Stars first three albums are being pressed in a box set on Via Records

I would link but I’m still working I’m sorry.

18. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

- I SEE STARS - BOX SET (ZIA EXCLUSIVE)

It’s really overpriced but I bought it because I’m a sucker for that band. I really wish they could have made the box set all of their albums, but I’m assuming they’ll probably get a repress going of New Demons along with those 3 records being pressed again when the box sets sell through. I read this is out of /300.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  19. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

upload_2020-11-19_18-2-3.jpeg

Definitely one of my more absurd purchases in 2020 but I don’t think I’ll ever regret it!

SmashRipsaw and Anthony Brooks like this.
  20. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I have this translucent yellow pressing of Trophy Eyes’ The American Dream, which I’m selling as when I bought it I was sent the wrong pressing so it’s not the one I was expecting. It’s unplayed and in mint condition, apart from slitting down the cellophane to take the record and poster out for photos. I would love to swap this for a different variant of this record, or a pressing of Chemical Miracle. I’m in the UK but happy to ship to the US!

Attached Files:

21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

60A15AB3-CA5C-4E64-9662-C12799063CD4.jpeg
    picked these up today

22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Oh and can’t forget the goat
    0847C31B-2C71-4675-B64C-A651CD40588E.jpeg

Serenity Now likes this.
  23. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Ran into NC after a walk with my parents on a local trail, hoping to grab a leftover Chariot RSD rerelease. Ended up with a few staples I didn't have yet.
    IMG_20201127_161250401.jpg

Cutting myself off until 2021. All I have left coming is a couple pre-orders.

24. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I got excited about having a good job now and spent like $250 on vinyl in two months I think I have to cut myself off too

25. SAB22 Nov 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2020)
    SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I missed out on the Doppelganger by The Fall Of Troy today (had it in the cart, couldn't get the billing to load, then it sold out) if anyone got an extra that they are willing to part with, I'll gladly pay you extra.

Edit: Just saw on their twitter they will be posting more.