Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 273

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i've only been in Nashville for a while, but the record stores here are amazing. I bought a copy of Goodness (the cerulean one) for less than 10 bucks, the person at the register happened to be a fan too and couldn't believe I found it before he did haha.

DrawYourMind likes this.
  2. SPine

Trusted

The day has come where I spent over $100 on a record.. Got The Maine’s American Candy. Had a bunch of concerts get cancelled that I already paid for so I bought a pricey record.

3. Clockwork

Regular

So jealous. That’s one’s HIGH in my priority list, but I’m still not ready to pay the prices people are asking.

SPine likes this.
  4. momo32t

Trusted

I finally was able to get a copy of the Graudate - Anhendonia on vinyl for a reasonable price.

I nearly had a heart attack when it took 3 weeks to get here within the same state, but thankful I have it.

5. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

One of my favorite records that I own. B-)

momo32t and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. zigbigwig

how?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Only Every Time remains to be one of my most sought after

And holy hell I don’t think I realized American Candy went for that much. Those Discogs prices are outta control

momo32t and anonimito like this.
  8. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I *adore* my copy of OET. Best impulse-buy ever (vinyl-wise). I so wish their discography could get a new pressing.

trevorshmevor and momo32t like this.
  9. SPine

Trusted

My seller on Discogs took my offer that was $30 less than what they were asking. I sold a few records to a friend for $50, buying it didn’t hurt too bad. Some people are selling them for a ridiculous amount.

Clockwork likes this.
  10. SPine

Trusted

I found out that Two Door Cinema Clubs 2nd album Beacon got repressed last year. Been looking for that one for a few years. Was only $16 on Amazon. Stoked to find it

11. momo32t

Trusted

I put in an offer at $30 below asking and it worked!

12. Splurged on a transparent blue copy of the self-titled Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness album and it finally showed up today 3 weeks after it shipped. The seller had packaged it in a box that was too small, so the sides were folded out to make room, leaving big open gaps in the corners. The record was stuffed inside a giant ziplock bag within haha. Truly the worst packaging job I've ever seen out of all the vinyl I've bought online, but miraculously it looks like it's in pretty good shape. Thought for sure when I saw the box that it was going to be in two halves.

momo32t and anonimito like this.
  13. Mattww

Regular

Venus vinyl based in the uk is one of my favourite record stores (really good collection of rare and coloured new presses). They’ve started a bespoke vinyl subscription service. Looks pretty tempting... they have different packages and will ship globally (ish!)

VINYL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

navidson likes this.
  14. navidson

Regular

Finally found a reasonably priced website for vinyl in the UK so picked up a few bits to help me through the boredom

Purity Ring - Womb (Red Vinyl)
    Lambchop - Nixon (Red Vinyl)
    Grimes - Miss Anthropocene (Pink Vinyl)
    Greet Death - New Hell
    Our Lady Peace - Naveed (Clear Vinyl)
    Bright Eyes - The People's Key

smowashere likes this.
  15. michael_gatto

Trusted

thanks for that heads up! I honestly didn't think to look on Triple Crowns site. I forgot they were ever signed to them.

16. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

No, problem!

Discogs has some for pretty cheap as well.

17. michael_gatto

Trusted

Speaking of vinyl subscriptions has everyone here tried that vynl service? I keep seeing it advertised all over Facebook but have heard mixed things.

18. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think it’s worth it. Not sure what they’re charging per month, but the majority of records you’ll get are cheap ones you can get for $10 or less on an Urban Outfitters sale and they don’t really have any exciting exclusives.

19. michael_gatto

Trusted

from what I think I got from the ads that keep popping up all over my Facebook, they charge $20 a month for 3 records based off what you listen to on Spotify.

20. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I mean, $20 isn’t that bad, but I had it for a full year and out of 36 records I’d say maybe a third were something from my Spotify or seemed remotely curated to me. The majority were things I’d never heard of (that didn’t at all match spotify similarities) or the ones they seem to send everyone like Lana Del Rey or Sam Smith. I ended up trying to sell a lot of them, it would’ve just been more useful to buy one record I wanted per month. But that’s just my experience.

trevorshmevor and michael_gatto like this.
  21. michael_gatto

Trusted

that's good to know then. I'll steer clear of them then! Thank you for that info

tyramail likes this.
  22. Clockwork

Regular

Fearless Records is having a storewide sale. The 10-year rerelease of TTYD by Mayday Parade is really cool if you’re into that.

23. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

24. Clockwork

Regular

Colored pressings of MCR’s albums are for sale on Urban Outfitters. Probs gonna get the purple Danger Days

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. zigbigwig