Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 265

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

~14 min*
    It’s insane and i love it

Joe4th likes this.
  2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

What’s everyone’s rarest album that they own?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. disambigujason likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Hidden Hospitals - Surface Tension, I have a variant that’s limited to 25.

If we’re talking about what goes for the most, it’s Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grace blue variant.

Blainer93 likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

sealed Blonde

Blainer93 likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

After a really quick scan I think my Alexisonfire box set fetched the highest price on discogs. Some other noteworthy ones were Ariana grande’s my everything, underoath LITSOS deluxe, war all the time, same Lydia as above.

Blainer93 likes this.
  7. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

This is mine except opened but never played, besides that I have a promo version of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i didn’t know about the age of adz issue and unfortunately the distorted version is the one i bought. side C was the worst. record store was nice enough to replace it except they didn’t have any in stock.

tbh i don’t mind buying it again but i don’t wanna end up with the same copy. kinda sucked because it’s one of my fav records of all time, but man despite that it was still an amazing listen

post i found:

9. Idk what my rarest is but my top 5 highest valued on Discogs are

1. Vince Staples - Summertime ‘06 2xLP on Buttercream
    2. Relient K - Mmhmm 2xLP on Clear
    3. Envy On The Coast - Lowcountry on Black
    4. Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger In The Alps on Lavender
    5. New Found Glory - Sticks & Stones on Translucent Red

10. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Mine are Good Apollo by Coheed and a first pressing of mewithoutYou's Catch for Us the Foxes.

11. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

The true RAREST I have would be test pressings for every Manchester Orchestra record.

Price wise:

Beatles in Mono Box.
    Right Away Great Captain Trilogy 1st Press
    Tegan & Sara Box Set

Not including boxes:

Sing The Sorrow
    Take This To Your Grave (Random colored, sealed)
    An RL Zeppelin II
    A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out (Gold)
    Guns n’ Roses - Uncensored Appetite.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I forgot to include tests, I guess those would be my rarest. I have 4 of them.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I also have a sealed copy of Blonde. Other rarities I own are the deluxe edition of Blue Sky Noise, Eminem Box Set, Deluxe Edition of O, and the Color Spectrum box set.

Mars Volta - frances the mute and de-loused.

Margot and the nuclear so and so’s - bride on the boxcar box set

3xLP RSD colored version of Bleed American.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. friends and family presses /100 of Touché Amoré's Parting the Sea and Is Survived By and my Deafheaven Sunbather splatter variant /300 and the Sleater-Kinney colored vinyl boxset

tyramail likes this.
  15. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I regret selling off my Gaslight Anthem Senor and the Queen double 7" on white vinyl (limited to 100).

Buckingham Nicks is one of my rarer noteworthy records, and Brian Fallon's Georgia EP.

flask and momo32t like this.
  16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

My test pressings for blink are probably the rarest. Some are /4. Most expensive would probably be one of those as well. The Shortbus 7” fetches a lot as well

coleslawed likes this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

probably Define the Great Line for value, then either of my 1st pressings of AB Life, Catch for us the foxes, or Brother, Sister. limited would be a super limited Hands’ Everlasting EP that’s /100 in a one-off mixed color vinyl, and /200 Hawboy EP’s on one 12”.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

I have the OG Suburban Home press of Church Mouth on brown swirly vinyl out of 250. It’s actually the very first record I bought 12 years ago.

Serenity Now and airik625 like this.
  19. Eclipsechaser

Hi guys I’m a big vinyl junkie. I’ve been cleaning up a load of old vinyl records. My tastes are quite unique but generally everything funky. Before I can post my own thread I thought I would post here. I’m looking generally for more info on analog Latin music with a driving beat and funk sound. I’ve cleaned up and recorded a load of old lps to help people see what I’m on about

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Anyone know of a good record cleaning kit?

21. Probably the Say Anything /Bayside split of They’re not Horses They’re Unicorns and Nights Song

22. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Found a 1st press of Pearl Jam’s Ten today at a record show today. Very cool.

coleslawed and phaynes12 like this.
  23. SPine

Trusted

K0ta likes this.
  24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Got the Dust of Retreat remaster/repress in today along with the coinciding demos. Cannot wait to spin these.

gonz (Alex) and Joe4th like this.
  25. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

According to discogs and sorted by max potential value. Kind of sad actually.

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 7.07.21 AM.png