Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 262

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Can anyone rec a decent record player between like $200-400? Would be plugging it in to some combination of MX-5 speakers and my M-Audio M Track interface

2. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I'll always recommend the U-Turn Orbit. Orbit Turntables

MexicanGuitars and momo32t like this.
  3. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Anyone interested in some Attack Attack! presses? Rise just repressed Someday Came Suddenly, Self-Titled, and This Means War

I'm looking to sell my Beer Anniversary Someday Came Suddenly and first press Self Titled. Not trying to price gouge, just want a variant collector to have them for a far price.

SCS - Mint, still in shrink but opened - $40 shipped
    Self Titled - mint sealed - $50 shipped

Feel free to send me an offer as well.

4. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

Did anyone have any luck with Matt Nathanson's Some Mad Hope Black Friday RSD vinyl release?

It's all @Craig Manning's fault that I enjoy this album so much! ;-)

momo32t likes this.
  5. momo32t

Trusted

I was the 20th person in line at Rough Trade NYC on Saturday morning. By the time I got to the bins they sold out! I was beside myself.

Hopefully I snagged a legit copy on eBay for not too bad of a markup. The prices now are crazy

anonimito likes this.
  6. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

One would think the success of this pressing would bode well for a second pressing...

At least we can hope.

7. momo32t

Trusted

Im sure it will, someday. The problem with a lot of his back catalog is that his old label is sitting on the rights.

I know a lot of people who would want those other albums pressed.

anonimito likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I couldn’t find it and I don’t buy records from flippers on principle, as I think they should all die in a fire. So, I guess I’m not getting a copy.

I kind of hate RSD specifically for this reason.

momo32t and anonimito like this.
  9. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Someday Came Suddenly sold. Taking offers for Self Titled.

10. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

Please DM me, if you have a chance (I would, but your settings prevent me from doing so).

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. momo32t

Trusted

hope this means you found copies. I was lucky enough to get one from Bull Moose when they released their inventory yesterday.

anonimito likes this.
  12. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

It seems that way! I'm glad you found one at Bull Moose! I checked there, but I'm pretty sure I was late. Other sites had a countdown going, and the instant the clock hit 0, the button changed to "sold out." It's something else!

momo32t likes this.
  13. momo32t

Trusted

anonimito and Craig Manning like this.
  14. Craig Manning

momo32t and anonimito like this.
  15. momo32t

Trusted

I managed to get one of the copies of Modern Love from his webstore last week. Hasn’t shipped out yet so I’m hoping I still got it.

anonimito likes this.
  16. Craig Manning

I was not so lucky. They were still in stock when I added a copy to my cart, but out of stock two seconds later when I went to check out. If anything, the demand for these should be a sign to someone that his pre-2013 catalog needs a wider re-release.

anonimito and momo32t like this.
  17. momo32t

Trusted

I was lucky enough to check the website at 11:55 and checked out. I already have a copy from the pressing plant with a generic cover but I knew I would always feel better with the real thing.

I’ve felt the same way you have about the demand for his back catalog. Would love to have At the Point and/or Beneath These Fireworks on vinyl.

anonimito likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

Yeah, they put it up early, which pissed me off. They were sold out by 12:01 and he said they wouldn't go on sale until noon sharp. It's honestly wild that there's that much demand, though.

anonimito likes this.
  19. Mattww

Regular

Picked up a signed copy of one of my all time favourites at the London show on Sunday. I'll treasure this one!

Attached Files:

20. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

momo32t likes this.
  21. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15772482543265106422761013003104.jpg

Had a 50% off employee appreciation day and took the opportunity to buy some new vinyl! From the top left:

Phoebe Bridgers - Strangers in the Alps - Purple Newbury Comics exclusive
    Sunny Day Real Estate - LP2 - Clear/Pink Swirl Newbury Comics exclusive
    Pierce the Veil - Collide with the Sky - aqua/olive/black
    La Dispute - Somewhere at the Bottom of the River between Vega and Altair
    Senses Fail - From the Depths of Dreams - half baby blue/half aqua blue indie retail exclusive
    7 inch is Better Oblivion Community Center - Little Trouble/Sleepwalkin' clear/orange

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Love LP2

K0ta likes this.
  23. myawrld

Regular

Vinyl picks for my wife this Christmas:

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You

trevorshmevor and K0ta like this.
  24. Christmas vinyl:

Proper. - I Spent the Winter Writing Songs About Getting Better (Cream/Cola /500)
    La Dispute - Panorama (Ocean Jasper /500)

EMo39dwWoAA3tV4.jpeg

25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I got the U-Turn Orbit for Xmas (thanks to the recs of you fine folks) so i am going to be a happy camper to finally play my records for the first time in literal years lol.