Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 259

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Seems similar to the Earth disc for the Alchemy Index re-press. Looks black with green splatter but is a really cool swamp green when held up to the light.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly this variant grew on me a ton. I’m perfectly happy with it and thrilled to own this record on vinyl

3. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Yeah, I actually think that's a really cool variant.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  4. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I ended up with the blue/yellow/red from Bullmoose. I honestly really like all three, though.

5. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Urban Outfitters is 20% off online for all orders today.

6. How telling is it of SRC that they denied my return request but then actively advocated that I resell and price gouge lmao

momo32t and waking season like this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

yeah I thought everyone knew SRC does not accept returns. store credit only. Cannot stand SRC

8. Yeahhhh I kinda figured it’d be a long shot. Unfortunately they didn’t even offer me store credit, haha. Apparently they’re sold out now though so at least it doesn’t seem like I should have a lot of trouble making my money back by just selling it!

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

3192965E-61A0-4D64-8392-83C29DB210A4.jpeg 2FBBFE1B-4C22-4987-BC5E-9A05E80C5325.jpeg 756251AD-9B2B-4CD2-AD73-565F98126C52.jpeg

My recent purchases/plays

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I have a few things for sale, lower than Discogs prices right now. Includes shipping.

21 Savage - Savage Mode $70
    Jay-Z/Linkin Park - Collision Course $80
    Lil Uzi Vert - Vs The World $90
    Fiona Apple - Tidal $30

11. Had no idea Vs. The World went for that much. Knew I shoulda made a bigger effort to find that on RSD!

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Right? Insane! I honestly barely spin it so I figure I might try and sell it before vacation haha.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

In need of extra cash, selling some of my collection. Will add to this list soon but for now:

Coldplay - Prospect's March (still in shrink wrap)
    Beyonce - Self Titled
    Diiv - Oshin
    Jack White - Lazaretto (ultra LP version)
    Pearl Jam - Ten (still in shrink wrap)

Name your price! I also have an autographed Amanda Palmer 45 that I'll throw in for free if anyone wants it.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

didn’t know prospect got released to vinyl, too.

15. Jams

Trusted

Went to my fave flea market today and it did not disappoint! Found some great stuff!
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo’s Factory and Pendulum
    The Guess Who - American Woman
    Fleetwood Mac - Tusk
    Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley
    Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle and the Live 1975-85 box set

Too bad I’m basically out of room and have no idea where I’m gonna put them lol

16. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I just got done moving and, despite my best efforts, the needle for my cartridge got bent in the process. I'm still new-ish to the world of vinyl but I'm assuming this is an issue and I need a replacement. Should I just buy the same one (basic one that comes with the AT120) or does it make sense to use this as an excuse to upgrade? Any recommendations?

17. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I’m far from an expert on needles, but I would say if you think there is even a chance you may want to upgrade down the line, I would take the opportunity to do it now. I use the ortofon red, but upgraded the same time I upgraded my table so I’m not sure how much of the sound quality was due to the table vs the needle

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

picked up a copy of the original Star Wars soundtrack (original pressing?) along with songs from 2001 yesterday.

SlappinCups likes this.
  19. airik625

SlappinCups likes this.
  20. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

My entire collection Hawthorne Heights and Hawthorne adjacent vinyl
    0887EA3F-60F3-46A0-AF6B-4B0AF65FD4A8.jpeg 88F6B1B3-819A-4E71-BD21-5935B2B3BDA2.jpeg

21. My copy of toe - the book about my idle plot came today, a few days earlier than expected! Love when that happens

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  22. airik625

I don’t subscribe to Vinyl, Me Please, but they are officially releasing Songs For The Deaf and that makes me super excited. I’m hoping it gets a retail variant like Demon Days did. Songs For The Deaf is an all-ticker and I HAVE to own that one.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i unsubbed a few months back but i might come back now. i have an important of SFTD but if they pull out all the stops i’ll double up

24. SmashRipsaw Sep 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 8, 2019)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Selling some stuff. Open to any offers.

Further Seems Forever - How to Start a Fire (first pressing)
    Copeland - Beneath Medicine Tree (sealed)
    Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - II (sealed)

25. radiodead

Trusted

My orders for October:

Tyler, the Creator- IGOR (deluxe)
    Jeff Buckley- Grace (VMP)
    Brittany Howard- Jaime (VMP, Orange)
    Angel Olsen- All Mirrors (VMP, Coke Bottle)
    Clairo- Immunity (VMP, Clear)
    The Flaming Lips- The Soft Bulletin (VMP)
    Art Blakey- The Freedom Rider
    Big Thief- Two Hands (Peach)
    Wilco- Ode to Joy (Pink)
    (Sandy) Alex G- House of Sugar (Purple)
    Whitney- Forever Turned Around (Forest Bark)

trevorshmevor and smowashere like this.