Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 247

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Coheed's Afterman Deluxe and Thrice's Alchemy Index (1st press) are my most valued according to Discogs.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Still mad at myself for missing that last Alchemy repress.

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave is my most valuable, currently.

4. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I got that tooB-)

5. Looks like my highest are:

Minimum: Vince Staples - Summertime ‘06, 2XLP Special Edition on Buttercream ($89.00)
    Median & Maximum: New Found Glory - Sticks & Stones, on Red Translucent ($124.99 and $249.99)

I didn’t pay a lot for the NFG so that surprises me a lot actually. I think I got it for like $30 or something. The Vince was tagged at $80 when I bought it but I worked it down to $65.

6. Tyler

Regular Supporter

I once found Alexisonfire - Watch Out! original press for $1 at a used record shop. I definitely flipped that record.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My most valuable according to Discogs are:

Frank Ocean - Blond (Black Friday Edition) - one of my few records that’s are still sealed. Median sold is $400

Margot & The Nuclear So And So’s - The Bride On The Boxcar [5xLP] (Multi-Color) Median sold is $313

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute [3xLP] Median sold is $165

Eminem - Vinyl Box Set (which i got for $20 brand new when a store had a listing error on eBay 3-4 years ago) median sold for that is $250

Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise [Deluxe w/ Alternate Artwork]
    Media sold for that is $205

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Oh fuuuuuck that’s such a good find!! I think I like that record too much to have flipped it, but the temptation would be strong

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

here's to hoping you like the EP more than Palms

Joe4th and anonimito like this.
  10. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

The Afterman is the only Coheed LP I'm missing, and it bums me out. I wasn't as big a vinyl collector at that point, and I'd already purchased the deluxe CD set, so I opted not to buy it a second time. I have the Big Beige Demo LPs, at least.

11. ship90

Trusted

On one RSD a few years back, I walked into a pretty small record store and The Hotelier’s spring tour press of HLNPIT and Title Fight’s tour press of Hyperview were on the wall. Was totally surprised and picked them up. Someone must have sold them that morning. The only time I’ve been lucky record shopping ha

12. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Collecting vinyl has made purchasing multiple copies of albums not out of the blue anymore. I definitely had bought copies of Afterman Ascension and Descension and then sold them after I got the deluxe copy.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

If it’s like the few songs I love from Palms I’m in for it

teebs41 likes this.
  14. radiodead

Trusted

I have 3 huge vinyl regrets. I had Blonde, DAMN, and Care For Me all in a cart at one point when they were released respectively and either missed out because I wasn’t serious enough about vinyl yet or didn’t feel like spending the money in that moment. Saba I thought I could snag later. Not the case.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Really hoping for MCR, but no pressing numbers on it there. Hope I can find it

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

DAMN is everywhere though. Very easy to find.

17. ship90

Trusted

I think I’m going to try and get that lenticular cover release of Into The Spiderverse.

18. Apparently American Candy has sold for $225? That's my most valuable when sorting by Max, followed by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's Beat the Devil's Tattoo ($172), Butch Walker's Sycamore Meadows ($150), Nightmare of You's self-titled/Bang EP double vinyl ($132), and A City by the Light Divided ($115).

What a ridiculous hobby that I love so much.

airik625 and anonimito like this.
  19. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Won’t put numbers to these to hide my insanity, but I have test presses for every blink-182 studio album. Those are definitely my most expensive. Followed by all their first pressings.

Borat, airik625 and smowashere like this.
  20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

21. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

My complete 12” vinyl collection for Underoath

[​IMG]

22. I got $300 for a rare red variant of Taylor Swift’s album Red. Even I thought the dude was crazy for wanting to pay that much for it... haha

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That thing goes for crazy amounts haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I had the scores for Stars Wars IV, V & VI on vinyl....I think someone gave me $300 for them.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

That's impressive. They really should re-press their discography.

bradsonemanband likes this.