Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 242

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted

Amazon is pretty good about making it easy to do that. It also doesn't take much for them to comp you a month of prime for your troubles haha.

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’ve never had an issue with vinyl I bought off amazon, but you handled it the way I would have

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably about 50-60% of my vinyl collection was purchased from Amazon. Nothing has ever been damaged but on at least three occasions they straight up sent me the wrong record.

4. bodkins

Trusted

I've ordered around 100 records from Amazon, I've gotten the wrong one once and damaged ones probably 2-3 times.

5. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I've also bought a fair number of records from Amazon. The only issue was an order where the cardboard inner mailer was actually empty. They sent me a replacement (which did have the record) right away.

bodkins likes this.
  6. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Packager must’ve had similar music tastes.

7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

15495007532683692273220443993717.jpg

Going through some records I inherited from my Grandma - a lot are original pressings but are so torn up, and the lack of inner sleeves half the time, omg I'm so sad

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn looks like you have a few of the Beatles' American albums....those a pretty rare!

Larry David likes this.
  9. That was an early one for me too, essential record

Isaac likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

All my vinyl is up on a high bookshelf because I have a cat that likes to use them as a scratching pole

Isaac likes this.
  11. K0ta

Oh really? I had no idea! These are definitely not worth much. They smell like mold and are not in the greatest condition, however I'm hoping I can bring them back to life a little bit.

She seemed to have a number of mono records, can anyone with more knowledge than me give me some insight into why that might be? Were they cheaper, sounded better back then, could it have been the turntable she used, etc? She's not around for me to ask so it'd be speculation.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah so back in the 60s The Beatles were on a different record label in America than in the UK. So most of their releases in America were under a different album title with different tracklists and album art. They stopped pressing them and the discography that everyone knows now is the UK one. Definitely solid pieces for your collection, that'd be awesome if you can clean them up somehow!

K0ta likes this.
  13. K0ta

14. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Damn, kinda makes me wish I didn't already have that, would love if my copy was Orange

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

My poor friends on IG are about to be bombarded with vinyl posts

16. ship90

Trusted

Some records finally opened heh/recently received:
    2A8555F1-B034-47D9-B95B-74E00E85DAAB.jpeg
    7F34ED7D-00A2-4EC4-86CE-82AEE99335FA.jpeg

Tides of Man-now I’m in the mood for some instrumental/post-rock.
    59’ Sound-one of those I said I would get over and over ha and finally pulled the trigger. Newbury
    TLJ-Loving this variant!

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow that Star Wars album looks so nice!

18. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I also bought an additional copy in order to get that variant.

ship90 likes this.
  19. Haven’t posted one of these in here in a while

coleslawed and sean_rugy like this.
  20. SFguitar

Regular

Can someone explain to me how the rights to get an album put on vinyl works? There are a couple albums I would like to own on vinyl that were originally released on Drive Thru records. Obviously Drive Thru is defunct. Would a vinyl pressing company have to purchase the rights for a the album from drive thru in order to press the album?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Yes, the repress label would need to purchase the license from Drive Thru or whomever may have purchased their catalog.

It’s a long process, and could be longer depending on how the ‘label’ is currently running.

SFguitar likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

seems hyperbolic but Cranberry is becoming an all time favorite of mine, I listen almost daily.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. Nah I completely hear you, I’ve spent just a silly amount of hours listening to that record on repeat haha. It’s soooo breezy and easy to have going

24. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Tax return vinyl haul:

Hawthorne Heights- Skeletons (white variant)

Taking Back Sunday- Happiness Is (gold and black haze variant)

A Perfect Circle- Eat The Elephant (red and blue variant)

Blink-182- Enema Of The State (blue variant)

Coheed and Cambria- The Unheavenly Creatures (Red Marble variant with F side Etching)