Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 241

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Just picked up Souvlaki by Slowdive and Sunbather by Deafheaven. I need to grab that Holy Fawn record.

2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Shit I didn't even realize there was a US press but yeah I just looked and its just like frosted clear which is lame. I ened up spending a few extra bucks on one of their EU presses which was the Black in Clear. Such a killer record and in my top ten last year, I'd be pissed at myself if slept on this and it sold out or something.

3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

1549327452374727367819515561718.jpg

Heard The Dazzler and had to have this. Love Daughter, love Elena. Cost me more than I would have liked due to import but so worth it. Gatefold and came with a live CD.

trevorshmevor and coleslawed like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Has anyone ever ordered from Broken Circles before? I ordered a record a month ago, and it's said "Shipped" with no tracking info for weeks. I've contacted them with no response. I'm feeling like I got ripped off

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Randomly noticed that My Chemical Romance's Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge is only $7.75 on Amazon right now.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Can't beat that price. Buying.

Larry David likes this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

haven’t ordered from them in a while, but my experiences were always positive. that was before they really became a label and were more of a distro, though.

Larry David likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

I passed on that great MCR deal because I also found Blink's TOYPAJ for only $12.80.
    You catch some real random price drops on Amazon.

9. Larry David

I just grabbed both, haha. Thanks for the heads up

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The website is down right now but camelcamelcamel.com is great for this stuff. Can separate it into music/vinyl and see which have highest price % drops and price $ drops. Have scored some sweet deals using it.

Larry David and manoverboard365 like this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nice I'll have to check that out! What I've been doing is just creating a wish list on amazon and adding every single album I want. They'll note if there's been any change in the price since creating the listing, so I check it every afternoon in hopes of finding a huge percentage drop.

Bryan Diem and Larry David like this.
  12. Larry David

Fantastic idea!

13. if you guys don't follow r/vinyldeals, you're missing out

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Now I am!
    Damnit I already spotted 2 deals on there I'm considering (Black Panther soundtrack and Chvrches), but I really need to chill out on the vinyl purchases.

15. i've saved/lost so much money ever since subscribing to that subreddit...

16. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Been doing this for yeeeears. Some unspeakable deals. Best one was Major/Minor by Thrice for 16 bucks, clear and blue variant. Don't love the album but maaaan

manoverboard365 likes this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

My new favorite vinyl purchased at the show on 02/02
    B0C843BF-25FE-4AB3-9FD6-E7381F4E7B9E.jpeg

anonimito and K0ta like this.
  18. mesi

Regular

19. Larry David

NJA sold- who wants the rest?!

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Miiiight be interested in TDWP. you looking for cash or is a trade a possibility?

Larry David likes this.
  21. Larry David

Would prefer cash, but I'm open to either bud. Shoot me a text!

22. momo32t

Trusted

Does anyone here find with Amazon that vinyl almost always arrives damaged?

Bought Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour last week. When it arrived, it seemed intact until I took the plastic off.

The gatefold jacket insert was frayed on both sides and the side of the vinyl itself felt very rough. It still played fine but I wonder if I should gripe with Amazon for an imperfect product.

23. bodkins

Trusted

Definitely do. Usually they just ship a replacement, you can send the damaged one back in the same box, prepaid label. I've done it a couple times over the years.

trevorshmevor and momo32t like this.
  24. momo32t

Trusted

Just asked for a replacement, thanks a lot. It played fine but I'd really prefer a clean copy that has the non-damaged insert if possible.

bodkins likes this.
  25. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I've had this record for over a year I think and didn't even realize it.

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.