Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 230

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

welcome to the club! and part of the on-boarding is that I must remind you the plural of vinyl is vinyl. not trying to be a dick, just letting ya know ;-p

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Fixed! Thanks for righting my wrong!

anonimito likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Variant of the year

4. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

lol, posted the wrong pic there for a second?

teebs41 likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

6. AndrewSoup

saw it and was like..... it's just black

lol

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Damn, that is gorgeous.

Phish's Baker's Dozen 6 LP (13 jams from the run picked by the band) is list price $120 but was on Amazon for $63 today. Feel even better about scooping it now that the price is back up to $120.

How the variant spins looks damn cool, too.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. AndrewSoup

just ordered that new repress of Really From's "Verse"
    took so long to get that out under the new name, happy to finally have one

teebs41 likes this.
  9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I haven’t been buying much lately (just waiting on my copy of the new mewithoutYou still) but my girlfriend hooked it up for Christmas and got me the boygenius EP, new Courtney Barnett LP, and a preorder package for the TBS greatest hits record. Only reason I know all this is because we both suck at keeping secrets about gifts haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

I need to vent. So my wife got me a turntable, an Audio-Technica AT-LP60BK Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable, Black. I decided to set it up last night. The instructions seemed simple enough. Got it all up, hit play...nothing. Except the faint music from the turntable it wasn’t playing in the Edifier R980T speakers id gotten too. Played with it a lot last night different hookups, with and without an amp adapter, nothing.

Tried it again this morning, same thing. So my initial thought is the speakers were DOA. Hooked my phone up to them and they work with my phone!! I am at a loss as to what is going on. I emailed the manufacturer because I simply cannot think of what I am doing wrong. Anyone else ever experience this?

11. mesi

Regular

Never seen one of these in person, but you should have a phono/line switch on the back. Do you have it set to line?

12. BTDandFeelingThis

It does. And yes I do

13. mesi

Regular

Ok, and when you have it running you can hear the music when you hold your ear close to the tonearm/needle? So it definitely has a needle?

14. BTDandFeelingThis

Yes I can faintly hear it when I put my ear up to the turntable. It just won’t play in the speaker (but other devices will)

15. mesi

Regular

And the turntable has an RCA cable that has a red and a white plug and you connected those right to the AUX input on your speakers, right?

Do you have the possibility to try someone else's speakers, or maybe someone's external preamp?

16. Have you tried switching it from Line to Phono to see if that would work?

17. BTDandFeelingThis

I have. That’s why I am so confused Unfortunately no other speakers around the house.

Yeah didn’t work

18. mesi

Regular

Sounds strange. You should have gotten some other cables along with it as well, can you maybe hook it up to a PC or directly into headphones to see if you can get any sound that way?

Edit: or maybe even try to hook it up to your TV if that works?

19. BTDandFeelingThis

I tried using the adapter to hook it up into a speaker that takes 3.5mm

Still zip :(

20. mesi

Regular

One last try, and then I really don't know what to tell you anymore other than to simply return it: Have you tried connecting it to the speakers via line, and then wiggling with the cable on the turntable end? So moving the cable around a bit, or trying to push it in a little more or turning it slightly?

21. BTDandFeelingThis

I have. Someone in a Facebook group is telling me I need a preamp to connect the turntable to the speakers

radiodead and Nate_Johnson like this.
  22. mesi

Regular

You definitely don't, as it has one built-in. Which is why there is a Line switch, otherwise that would not make any sense.

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah sounds like you need a pre-amp. You can get cheap ones on Amazon.

Or the built-in one isn’t working.

24. BTDandFeelingThis

I thought I wouldn’t. Maybe the built one isn’t working. I bought one for $20 on Walmart. If it helps great if it doesn’t I’ll return it

anonimito and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. coleslawed and tyramail like this.