Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 228

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

wow you just had to one up me huh

Drew Beringer likes this.
  2. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon thread?

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Thread.

trevorshmevor, teebs41 and PatRFinley like this.
  3. I got a debut carbon earlier this year and it was suuuuch a game changer

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still love my custom U-Turn

momo32t and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. momo32t

Trusted

Seconded.

anonimito and Joe4th like this.
  6. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

U-Turn is what I probably would have sprung for, had I not had a friend hook me up with a ridiculously good deal on the Debut Carbon.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Could anyone tell me how the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon stacks up against the Audio Technica LP120?

I have an Audio Technica LP120 and love it but I am curious after this thread lol

8. ship90

Trusted Supporter

I think some people knock the ATLP 120 for the internal preamp. I am not technical enough to really know tbh ha. I think they are both great entry level turntables.

B9DC579F-C75F-4397-B5AC-2DE6B155495B.jpeg

& I ended up picking up the new Halloween soundtrack from Books-a-Million. I had a really good time with it in the theaters and it’s reminded me that I still need to see John Carpenter when he’s on tour at some point. Also got boygenius this weekend.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. radiodead

Trusted

I’m gonna be upgrading to the ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit SB, hopefully by the end of the year. Can’t wait.

Got these vinyls in the pipeline:

Colter Wall- Songs of the Plains
    Adrianne Lenker- abysskiss
    Sleater-Kinney- The Woods
    Archie Shepp- Attica Blues
    Alice Coltrane- Journey in Satchidananda
    Queen- A Night at the Opera
    Menomena- Friend and Foe
    Sarah Webster Fabio- Jujus/Alchemy of the Blues

VMP is my weakness, but I love the product they put out.

Got a great deal on discogs on Menomena/Sarah Webster. $25 for both.

10. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

11. SPine

Trusted

Haven't bought many records lately. Ordered TSSF Proper Dose. Going to the Justin Courtney Pierre show on Saturday. Will probably get In The Drink. Got Joyce Manor's Self Titled & Cody at their show 2 weeks ago. Will probably pick up Citizen's Everybody Is Going to Heaven at the TSSF/Turnover/ Citizen / Movements show. The alternate cover of Good Nature looks sick

12. SPine

Trusted

mattav152 and momo32t like this.
  13. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Any Fall of Troy fans here?

Selling a sealed copy of Manipulator 2xLP.

500 on white/gold swirl with blue, orange and pink splatter (Hot Topic-exclusive)

I’m asking 85, shipped.

This one: The Fall Of Troy - Manipulator

14. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I've had a blue project debut for the past 5 years and love it. Was going to upgrade this past week, but just upgraded to a Grado Presage cartridge instead

15. Not trying to promote to anyone just so stoked my band's album is on Vinyl and it looks so pretty :hearteyes:
    Been waiting for this day for a looooong time

upload_2018-11-8_10-45-43.jpeg

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty cool variant. Will have to check the record out!

The Comfort, Nate_Johnson and teebs41 like this.
  17. Well your non-promo worked cause it got me to check out your band haha. Dissolve is dope! Congrats on the beautiful pressings.

The Comfort and Nate_Johnson like this.
  18. oldboot

Regular

Wanted to share this story with some people who'd care and reiterate my love for Bull Moose..

I pre-ordered the new Thrice record through BM looking for the exclusive variant. Short story long, they accidentally took my order out of pre-order status and sold the only copy they received (mine) on the floor. I was pretty bummed, but understood things happen and they gave me a store credit for the record. So while I didn't get the Thrice record, I did at least get a free record. I order from BM often so I wasn't too disappointed they'd messed up--they are a great company and things happen. Plus, heck, I got a free record.

Flash forward over 6 weeks to this afternoon. I get a call from Bull Moose, which is weird because I hadn't ordered anything. The gentleman was calling to tell me that they felt so bad about messing up the Thrice pre-order that I could swing by today and pick up a copy of the '03 Thrice/Thursday split for free. And the kicker--the Thrice side is signed by Thrice! I'm pretty pumped. They went above and beyond to rectify a mistake...they were super cool about it the whole time and it just reaffirmed my love for my favorite record store. Even if I move out of New England I will always order from them...I hope y'all are doing the same!

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's just rad as hell.

oldboot likes this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

I have only ordered from BullMoose a few times, but have always had good experience. I wonder what would've happened to me, as I preordered Palms myself but cancelled when I decided to just stick with my KMR order.

I had a similar situation with Smartpunk where I ordered IIOI's Intersections and they essentially forgot about the order for 6 weeks. They eventually shipped it out and included a free 7" of Life is Suffering free of charge. (It was not autographed though!)

oldboot likes this.
  21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Anyone have a copy of Everything is Beautiful by Kurt Travis they could part with? I was gonna get one on his tour but he sold out, sadly.

22. Today I bought Snowed In by Hanson. So stoked!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Some Algernon Cadwallader reissues are up if anyone is interested, I picked up Parrot Flies ASIAN MAN RECORDS

coleslawed likes this.
  24. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Album rules, listened to it several times today!

25. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Heard some Bullmoose love in this thread and wanted to throw my thoughts in here too. They're great.

oldboot and momo32t like this.