Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 225

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. karcrashianpanache

hysterical and useless

Oh man, this a bummer. Do you have a list of your collection or anything? If I happen to have something I wouldn't mind sending it over. Pm me if you want

coleslawed likes this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i don’t have a huge collection, but same.

3. Fuck, my heart breaks for you on this. Hope you at least had your collection catalogued. Did you lose your whole place or were you able to catch it at just the room where your records were?

airik625 likes this.
  4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Just got it all set up in the new house.

C6E592AC-F047-45CA-ACFC-9737E0C7977F.jpeg 9DF8A696-EC27-46F4-AA95-76E48A8B6DFB.jpeg

5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

It was the whole place, unfortunately. The only area that wasn’t really touched was my kitchen. Trying to stay positive that my girlfriend and I weren’t home, and were originally going to be. Just kinda sucks that the only thing I really collected for a few years got wrecked.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Sounds like we need to donate some records to you, man! That is awful. Glad you and your girlfriend are ok!

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Count me in for a donation.

P.S. if anyone else wants to donate - message me for details. I’m going to try and communicate between everyone so he doesn’t have to. @Brodobaggins34 expect a PM from me.

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I’m visiting San Diego in about a month, are there any “must visit” record stores in the area?

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Our record stores are trash here lol

Sal Paradise likes this.
  10. Normal Records is pretty cool, though it’s small. It’s in North Park, an area you could definitely make a day out of. Polite Provisions is a super cool cocktail bar right down the street from that record shop if you’re feeling hip as fuq

Sal Paradise likes this.
  11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Vinyl Junkies Records Shack Tend to have events on the weekend if you’re around.

teebs41 and Sal Paradise like this.
  12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

M-theory is very hit or miss, but I’d stop in if in the area

Sal Paradise likes this.
  13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Found the first four devo records today. Bought the first four devo records today. Good day.

14. Reach for the sky!

You are a sad, strange little man. Prestigious

Has anybody changed their own needle before? Is it easy? Mine definitely needs changing but I’m not sure how to go about it.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. airik625

I just noticed on the Discogs app there is a vinylhub button you click on and it will locate every record store in your vicinity.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Where is this? I don’t see it

teebs41 likes this.
  17. airik625

Bottom right of the app.

EBDF4A54-421B-4F5A-9C91-FED8347DFEF1.jpeg

trevorshmevor and disambigujason like this.
  18. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Wow that’s awesome!

teebs41 likes this.
  19. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Picked up new deafheaven at a shop the other day, ordered foxing off discog yesterday, and ordered the new ariana grande today. Good week, diverse patronage

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

image.jpg

Great day for an obro discog run

21. SPine

Trusted

I've been good about not buying as many records lately. Ordered We Came As Romans - Tracing Back Roots. They were a band I really enjoyed when I was younger. Sad to see the news about Kyle passing.

22. DeRRek

Trusted

23. DeRRek

Trusted

I live in Scotland mate and I usually buy records at Assai records or banquet records online. They’re both reasonably priced tbh. I must say though discogs still have decent priced records now and again. Just need to find the right seller. I managed to pick up Jane Doe by converge for £12 on discogs (That included postage) discogs usually is best bet if you search around a bit. Assai records for me only because where I stay it’s the closest record store haha.

navidson likes this.
  24. DeRRek

Trusted

I did pick up the gaslight anthems’ the ‘59 sound for £9.99 in Assai records. Now that was a bargain!

25. navidson

Regular

Weirdly, the Gaslight albums seem to be cheap in a few places - I picked up '59 Sound' and 'American Slang' both for £12 in HMV!

Really don't understand the pricing conventions of Vinyl

DeRRek likes this.