Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 217

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Is anyone here going to Warped Tour? I won’t be able to go because there isn’t a date in my city this year and Grayscale will have a new variant of “What We’re Missing”. If anyone feels like being a gem, I’d compensate for the record, shipping, and throw you some extra for your time.

2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

off topic, what is the best way to move a record collection? I am moving in a month and only a couple miles so they wont be packed long. in the past i borrowed my friends milk crates and just did it that way. thoughts?

3. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I used small sized boxes and packed them where they wouldn’t be leaning or anything like that. I moved them last and by themselves so nothing else could fall on them or anything like that. Good luck!

bradsonemanband, airik625 and Jim like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Did something similar. Literally drove them over in my car in some boxes by themselves

5. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

I will also be moving soon, and I absolutely dread this haha

Jim likes this.
  6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

How many records do you have?

I’ve always wanted to get a record carrying case that will protect them well because I have A LOT of money invested in them.

Something like this is on the nicer end and can hold 300 records. They also make one like this that holds 100 if you don’t need one that big.

(1) CheckOutStore Aluminum Heavy Duty 7" LP Vinyl Record Album Storage Box (Black / Holds 300 Records) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V2VR8F/?tag=absolutepunk-20

And for a collection around 50, maybe something similar to this:

Vinyl Record Carrying And Storage Case, by Lyfstyle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TPV2T3/?tag=absolutepunk-20

EDIT: 10K Posts. I should start my own thread in general and everyone can celebrate like the old days @Henry

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i have 299 after looking at my discogs so thats perfect haha. thanks!

airik625 likes this.
  8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I have 282 so it would be perfect for me. However I might need a second one just for box sets.

9. momo32t

Trusted

I’m glad this topic has been started because I am also moving at the end of July...but need to find a new apartment first before I think about the vinyl

10. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Mae The Everglow is up on Spartan Records!

bradsonemanband and anonimito like this.
  11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Pretty damn awesome. Grabbed a used copy of the Grateful Dead's Europe '72 on Sunday and the previous owner had left The New York Times clipping from the day Jerry Garcia died inside. Badass.

[​IMG]

12. momo32t

Trusted

Damn, these actually look a lot nicer than the first re-press I got.

tyramail likes this.
  13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

They all look nice! But I never got into this album until after the first press so I’m glad these look good!

14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i didnt think i ever listened to "the everglow" but im thumbing through it up and im to the title track and i have known every song, so clearly im an idiot.

tyramail likes this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

You never realize how heavy records are until there are 100's of them in a fucking box. Moving sucks and I've been doing it my whole life.

airik625 and Drewski like this.
  16. Is it that blue swirl one?

17. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

18. As long as they don’t collapse the tent too early, I’ll snag one for ya. Hit me with your address in a PM and I’ll ship it tomorrow!

19. Hayley P

@hayleyapan

I’m trying to save my money up for moving out, but I think my next purchase is gonna be the Annihilation OST whenever they announce it. I watched it recently and IMMEDIATELY looked to see if it had been pressed yet once the movie was over.

coleslawed, momo32t and ship90 like this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

Tides of Man announced their new album Every Nothing. Unfortunately I missed out on the super pretty and limited 80 pressing, but they still have some others around.

TIDES OF MAN - Every Nothing [2xLP] (pre-order)

(I like them far more as an instrumental band than their previous sound with Tilian.)

anonimito likes this.
  21. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Just picked this up :)

coleslawed and ChaseTx like this.
  22. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Hey guys. Putting my record collection up for sale. I'm moving soon and don't really wanna take all of this with me, plus I just don't find myself actually listening to these records in this way anymore and could use the money. Everything listed is for sale except for the copy of Lights' Siberia. Keeping that as it has a personal signature on it. Also, not listed is a test pressing (3 out of 20) of The Almighty Norma Jean Boxset (I think?), which is just Bless The Martyr on one side and O' God the Aftermath on the other. I'll take an offer on that as well. Everything listed is in great or near mint condition. Thanks!

Check out austinchase's music collection on Discogs

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I want beggars so bad, I just can’t justify that price haha, also I think it will be repressed for 2019

24. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

I feel you man. Mine is the clear reissue with the red splatter out of 500. Let me know if you change your mind. I'll work with you on a price.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm going to D.C on Wednesday and Thursday. Are there any Vinyl shops that have good indie rock selections that I should stop at?