Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 212

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I honestly have no idea haha. Blows my mind.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

weird, the demand for this was definitely not there a couple years back, heh.

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yesterday I bought Courtney Barnett's and The Front Bottoms' debuts because they were each $13 on Amazon.

Also picked up my preorder of the new Beach House

Also bought the Charly Bliss album at their show

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I wish it would get a proper repress (not by enjoy the ride) that was remastered, had bonus tracks and everything. Same with Leaving Through The Window.

5. I got this for $50 about a year ago, looks like it's been inflating fast since then. Waiting for a repress of Leaving Through the Window.

anonimito and tyramail like this.
  6. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I own both North and Leaving Through the Window, and I did not anticipate them being Worth what they are. Also can’t believe what the 10 year of EIT goes for, even the standard black averages at 80 bones on Discogs

7. cwhit

yeah, i sold my white LTTW three years ago for 85 bucks lol

anonimito likes this.
  8. Yep, also waiting for represses of EIT and TGP

anonimito likes this.
  9. cwhit

people and things is significantly better than TGP tho

anonimito and tyramail like this.
  10. I prefer TGP because it came along at just the right time for me. P&T is also great though!

anonimito likes this.
  11. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Everything Andrew McMahon related is in need of a repress.

12. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I would guess we will get a TGP this year for the 10 year, should just repress people at the same time. Still kicking myself for not buying these on their original run.

These came out back when I only had a couple records and something resembling self control

13. airik625

The glass passenger is one of my favorite AM releases and also one of my most prized records in my collection.

14. oldboot

Regular

I have the 10th anniversary of Everything in Transit. Pre-ordered it for like $28 at my local Bull Moose. I noticed on discogs recently how much it was worth...holy fuck haha

15. airik625

Same. Can’t believe how much they go for. I thought when I ordered the standard retail edition that it would be in print for a long time.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. oldboot

Regular

Same! I don't recall anything about it being limited or anything. Next thing you know they're selling for 5x what I bought it for. I'll probably never sell it, but it's nice to know I own something of value haha

airik625 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  17. momo32t

Trusted

I revisited my American Football deluxe edition last night. Damn I love that pressing, especially with the bonus demos.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. airik625

I’m hoping the 10 year anniversary edition of Good Old War - Only Way To Be Alone would be released through online retailers like Amazon or Bull Moose. Comes out to $26 after shipping for a single LP. I was also hoping it would have a couple bonus tracks at least; being an Anniversary edition and all. It’s not supposed to release until mid June so I’m going to hold off another couple weeks before putting my order in through the online store.

momo32t and Nate_Johnson like this.
  19. momo32t

Trusted

I'm inclined to wait it out too.

airik625 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

As an extremely OCD Last.fm user since 2005...thanks to whoever recommended me Vinyl Scrobbler in here. Was a billion pages ago, but the website is a lifesaver.

21. airik625

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

disambigujason likes this.
  24. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

For whatever reason, ever since a few weeks ago, when I try and use this on safari it automatically logs me on to some random account and I can’t log out. I can just use a different browser, but it’s strange. Anyone else having this issue?