Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

You better deliver on this. Dope ass pics are dope ass.

GettingSodas likes this.
  2. last thing I got:
    [​IMG]

ChiliTacos, GettingSodas and stnewton like this.
  3. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I just got this in the mail today as well, :thumbup:

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I almost went with white, but I didn't want to wait and now looking at your picture I hate myself

5. I thought it went really well with the art. was torn between that and having the consistency with my s/t clear

6. here are a few.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

8. that DIIV record :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

9. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Oh also here's my collection. I've slowed down my purchasing over the last year but I got some that i'm particularly proud of.

h8bit / Collection

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Last purchase was the 1975. Last one I received from shipping was the SRC pressing of Enema of the State. I was a laggard in getting that on vinyl, obviously.

Question for other vinyl collectors: have you ever bought a double LP and received the same sides twice? Example, I bought Deja on Amazon and they sent me two sides C and D. I called Amazon, and they refunded me my money no questions asked, including tax. However, they did not want me to send the product back. I used the funds to get the correct copy, but it was bizarre. Now I have two copies, technically, but three records of sides C and D. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen before. I will probably frame the incorrect copy because I have no need to play it idk.

12. I've never had it happen to me, I think that was pretty common for that Deja reissue. Glad Amazon was easy to deal with though.

13. Michael Schmidt

Interesting that it was common for this release. Wish I would have known that going in as it being a possibility. It felt like a total bad luck Brian moment. Finally gets Deja on vinyl, can't play first half of the record.

14. Michael Schmidt

Last vinyl issue I have to inquire about: I purchased the 10th anniversary vinyl for Everything In Transit from Andrew's website. It was the version that came with the picture book. There is a glaring issue though. The record does not mount on the player properly, which causes it to wobble when it spins, which will clearly cause skipping. Is there anything I can do about it?

15. Is the record warped, or is the spindle hole not big enough? If it's the latter, I've been able to widen the hole in the past by sticking a mechanical pencil in there and twisting it a few times. Be careful with that though, since you obviously don't want to make the hole too big either.

16. Michael Schmidt

It's the spindle and my thought was to do exactly what you suggested. I was unsure how kosher that is for a vinyl as I know they are pretty fragile items.

17. here's another - my Hotelier first press /150

18. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

hawt

19. This is me every month.

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I need to grab Brian Fallon and The 1975. Been procrastinating on those two.

21. I really want The 1975 and I will very probably buy it, but the budget is tight at the moment and with shipping this one is pretty pricey.

22. Michael Schmidt and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I'll probably grab it on Amazon eventually. I usually wait a long time to pick up records, haha. Want to make sure it's something that I love enough to have in that format. Though with that 1975 record, I don't think I have to worry about it losing its luster.