Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Thread • Page 1155

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cryates, Mar 6, 2016.

1. I got Room's Too Cold on sale for $12 at UO THEN used five dollar rewards on it. Feels like stealing
    [​IMG]
    Also went to a record store and saw Chappell Roan special edition for $60, then went to another and saw popstar edition for like $30 so I got it, idk what the difference is aside from the green jacket and the inserts?

Matt504 and Michael Belt like this.
  2. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

the special edition is 180g, all other pressings are 140g.

3. Anyone in the market for the Observatory pressing of Underoath's TOCS? Mint condition.

4. Oh so it's better for people who can actually hear the difference and can actually afford to pay twice as much

The green jacket looks nice tho. But maybe a little excessive if I'm already putting outer sleeves on everything? I have the pink one for Mitski's latest and it barely fits

Michael Belt likes this.
  5. Michael Belt Jun 29, 2024 at 2:15 PM
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2024 at 2:37 PM)
    Michael Belt

oversized sleeves are a good investment for records like that. vinylstoragesolutions.ca makes some really good ones
    re: Chappell Roan, i have yet to pick up a copy (planning to do so soon), but i don't mind splurging a bit because i really like this record a lot. even if the average listener might not be able to tell that much of a difference between 140g and 180g records, i figure i might as well invest in one that i know will supposedly be the best quality i can get my hands on (at least re: durability). that and i really would like the inserts just to have lyrics on hand.

6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

vinyl weight makes no difference in sound quality

7. Michael Belt

i should've clarified. ofc there's not that much of a difference re: sound quality (not any that's discernable to the average ear anyway). i have plenty of lower weight pressings of records with 180g options out there that sound great. a good mastering job goes a long way regardless of weight. i'm primarily interested in durability and the feeling of something more premium. either option or the record will be fine re: fidelity.

8. what's the difference between popstar and standard tho? i can't find anything definitive about it. there's a popstar with pink center but mine were black

9. Michael Belt

popstar is a fancy word for standard, lol

10. yeah i think the pink center is the collector's edition and the images are mislabeled or something

11. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea got The Early November and the Mayday Parade double vinyl Monsters in the Closet for $30 from Urban Outfitters

12. zeketheplmbr

When all I wanna know is how to disappear Supporter

Watched Bleeding Audio / The Matches documentary tonight. It made me sad and love them even more. Give me that thing in the bottom left corner:

IMG_4922.jpeg

13. Braydizz

https://www.discogs.com/user/Braydizz/collection

Here's one for sale on Discogs :scream:

I'll sell my copy if that's the going rate!

[​IMG]

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

definitely not the going rate, sales history seems to indicate that is an insane asking price.

zeketheplmbr likes this.
  15. zeketheplmbr

Oh, I’ve noticed that ridiculous listing. I think we get an anniversary pressing.

16. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Just got my shipping notification from Enjoy The Ride for The Damned Things vinyl! This pleases me…haha

17. gbuffers

England.

Have the RX Bandits Resignation vinyls gone out in the US? Still waiting for Banquet to send mine out over here!

18. zeketheplmbr

Same!

[​IMG]

paythetab likes this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yes, a ways back now.

20. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

Was late to the party, but thanks for the UO rec. Nabbed 152 for 11.99. pretty psyched about that.

21. gbuffers

England.

thanks! I thought I remembered that! I’ll get in touch with them

22. All the Avril Lavigne albums have new pressings at UO, apparently

23. Interscope Vinyl Collection news

July: No Doubt - Rock Steady (feat 4 bonus tracks)
    August: Elliott Smith - XO (23 tracks)

zeketheplmbr likes this.
  24. Some new Sum 41 variants coming:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 10.25.25 AM.png

25. zeketheplmbr

manoverboard365 likes this.