Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Records Facing 9-12 Month Delays

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Variety:

Rutlowski runs into a lot of incredulity when he tells people just now wanting to reserve plant space what they’re in for. “For us pretty much, if you’re going to be pressing a record, we’re looking at like the summer of 2022 now in terms of new records coming out and being pressed. There’s a very reluctant acceptance of that, because (artists or labels) go, ‘Oh, well, I can’t wait that long.’ And then I find out that whatever plant they end up going to next, they’re also told they have to wait that long.”

He adds, though, that “the reality is that these frustrations are frustrations because people are embracing the format. So I’d much rather be in a situation of having to change 43 records because we couldn’t get the right color compound than have to scramble to keep the presses running. We’ve done about 1400 different orders over the course of the year, and we’re a mid-sized (plant) here in the U.S.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

paythetab likes this.
  2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Andy Hay likes this.
  3. Andy Hay

Jazz musician.

Yes i make jazz albums. The wait is frustrating at the beginning but if regular with recording it all comes together ! www.andyhay.bandcamp.com