Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vinyl Me, Please: The Best Damn Record Club

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Vinyl Me, Please is a record of the month club. The best damn record club, in fact. Every month, Vinyl Me, Please features one album that is essential to the modern vinyl collection and sends it to thousands of members worldwide. Each record is pressed exclusively for Vinyl Me, Please members with features you can’t get anywhere else (things like bonus tracks, inserts, colored variants) and comes packed with a 12”x12” album-inspired art print and custom cocktail pairing recipe.

Find out more information and sign up for a no contract, no strings, you can cancel anytime plan on their website.

Our thanks to Vinyl Me, Please for sponsoring Chorus this week. More information about sponsored posts and purchasing advertisements on this website can be found here.

2. tobytobes

Regular

Has anyone used this service and can give an idea of what records they got the past few months?

This seems interesting but I don't want to do 30$ a month for music I don't enjoy.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

big indie and hip hop releases

4. tobytobes

Regular

Good enough, thank you!

5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

There is also a swap option if you don't end up liking the ROTM, which is nice, but that's only available with the 3-month and above subscriptions. I signed up for a 3 month after being unsure, and I don't regret it at all.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. theredline Sep 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2017)
    theredline

Trusted Supporter

I'm in it. I love it. Besides indie and hip hop they have "essential" albums like Betty Davis, Nina Simone, Wells Fargo, Big Bill Broonzy, and more. It's cool because they occasionally break out of the indie/hip hop mold and you get stuff maybe you wouldn't normally chose...or at leas I wouldn't. And they have a store where you get exclusive pressings too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

What's the quality of their pressings? Are they pretty good or are they known for quality issues (popping, crackling, bad sound quality, etc) like Hot Topic pressings usually are. I'm always skeptical of non-artist/label pressings and their quality.

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Always seems good to me. Never any problems that I’ve ever noticed...they work closely with the artists/labels so I think they always have good quality control.