Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory (June 23, 2017) Album • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GettingSodas, Apr 18, 2017.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Awesome, her last album was really cool

OotyPa likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been waiting for new shit from her for a while, she's been really prolific lately with her work with Vince and Gorillaz so I'm super excited

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I am just going to bring this back because I had a Vince Staples day because of course. I gotta say that stretch from Lift Me Up all the way through Senorita is just a quality album by itself. I know I know it is just disc 1 but still soo good.

Summertime 06 is great and that is all.

4. CobraKidJon

this song is so good

5. CobraKidJon

VINCE IS FOR THE KIDS

also I see you Vince with them off whites.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Songs ok but Vince goes off.

So excited to see what he does next

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

song is an actual real life fucking binger banger

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how does complex thing anything in that verse has anything to do with mumble rap. literally the only thing that could be taken that was is when he says "watchu saying" which lmfao

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

new kilo song

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Kilo song is solid

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Never actually gave this a listen till now.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Vince has actually said that he didn't really take rap seriously as a career option until Mac pushed him to make Stolen Youth with him

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Way late but this album rules. I love the late 90s electronic/techno vibe. Crabs in a Bucket is a wicked good song.

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah wow I love this, I can’t believe it took me so long to give it a listen. Are there any other rappers or even electronic artists doing something similar at the moment? Really interested in exploring this sound more.

16. CobraKidJon

I've been looking also but all I have really found is jpegmafia besides the usual yeezus, death grips and danny brown.

17. irthesteve

Lots of people compared the new BROCKHAMPTON to this

Larry David and waking season like this.
  18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I’ll have to check out JPEGMAFIA. Yeezus and Danny Brown are always solid but Death Grips are pretty hit or miss.

Funny enough that’s what brought me to this. My friend tried to get me into Vince Staples when Summertime 06 came out but I wasn’t really feeling it. As soon as we started talking about iridescence he recommended Big Fish Theory.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. I would say the new Joey Purp album has some tracks that sound like this too. But honestly, there's nothing else really like it. Yeezus is probably the closest thing. And the Prima Donna EP that came before this, it doesn't sound at all like this but I like it quite a lot.

waking season likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

She's all over this album but check out Kilo Kish's solo stuff, it's super good and I never see anyone give it any love. Not all of her stuff has the vibe of this album but her latest EP and last album do

waking season and OotyPa like this.
  21. OotyPa Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I’d check the new A$AP Rocky album. It experiments quite a bit. I’d also give Run the Jewels a shot (S/T 2 is an amazing album) and the new Denzel Curry. Just to warn you though, Vince is the only rapper who really engages fully with this style and does it best.

As for electronic artists, check SOPHIE’s album.

waking season and Fronnyfron like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

23. username

hey you lil piss baby

Yeah Vince is one and only.

But SOPHIE and PC Music crew rules if Yeah Right and Samo are highlights for you.

waking season and incognitojones like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Check this. Definitely has a futuristic flow/production and I could see Vince rapping over it. This album is so good.

25. Azealia Banks comes to mind at some parts. They probably share some influences (90's dance, house, techno, ...), but she infuses them in her music differently though. Both make me want to dance so they must be similar in some way!