Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 972

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Don't

2. Jake W

It makes FFXV look amazing

3. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I started Yakuza 0 back up because I don’t have the willpower to finish one game. Just got to the ending of chapter 4 and holy fuck

Jake W likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

FF13 is honestly underrated at this point

StuffinCups and Vivatoto like this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Problem with the CoD BR thing is that they can’t keep doing this every year. Part of why Fortnite is so successful is that they hooked people into a continuing and ever-evolving game to get invested in. Putting out a new one every year isn’t going to yield the same long-term results. They need to pick one and stick with it.

sean_rugy likes this.
  6. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

COD has an entire different business model and wants to sell you a boxed product every year.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

ok but when is Golf Story Battle Royale gonna come out

8. Anthony_

right and that model is entirely antithetical to what makes live service games like fortnite successful lol

StuffinCups likes this.
  9. RyanRyan Nov 19, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2019)
    RyanRyan

I’ve a feeling it’ll be around a while. I don’t see the next CoD making as much of an impact, and there’s actually RUMOURS OF IT BEING A STANDALONE BR AFTER RELEASE. Like they did with Modern Warfare Remastered. So it’s not unheard of.

BFV’s Firestorm died a hard death. Fun fact - I never got to play it once because there’s never been any available servers in Japan.

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Never touched Firestorm, didn’t find it interesting. Same with the game itself since I just uninstalled it.

RyanRyan likes this.
  11. RyanRyan

The game was a colossal shitheap at launch. Empty, buggy af and just a great big ball of rushed disappointment soup.

I bought it on a hella sale many, many months later. I don’t derive anything close to the enjoyment I got out of BF1 (which BF folk shit on for some reason) and the campaign TO THIS DAY is an abhorrent glitchy embarrassment.

That being said - the multiplayer is dramatically better than what it once was, and I’ve put a ton of hours into it. It’s great fun. But now CoD is around it just feels like it’s hollow somehow.

The Pacific update is brilliant but it’s come far too late in the game’s cycle to hold my attention over CoD. Shame. If that’d come out on launch it’d have so much more going for it. And yeah - Firestorm looks pants.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

BF1 was excellent, still one of my favorite BF games. For now, I have BF4 still installed because it still does conquest style gameplay better than MW does.

RyanRyan likes this.
  13. RyanRyan

Adored the MP for that. Couldn’t believe the negativity. The maps were gritty and the guns felt brilliant. Nigh on every map in that game sharts over BF5 for me.

I’ve also got BF4 installed still but Asian servers are few and far between in my experience. Next to nobody plays TDM on BF1 here either, which hurts my soul.

BF1943 ftw tho

14. mescalineeyes

I love bf1 and 5 equally for different reasons.
    Firestorm however? Who cares lol

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Did vehicles only spawn with players in them in V like they did in 1? Because I thought that was a terrible way to go for Battlefield

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

played some smash ultimate with my friends and man that was still a good time. The switch really is elite for 4 people games.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

did they have a stage with a forklift in it

StuffinCups and dadbolt like this.
  18. mescalineeyes

No they just stood around at spawn points for you to grab.

19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Oh nice. I love it because it lets you troll your own team mates as well as enemies.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

StuffinCups likes this.
  21. Cmoney86

Trusted

So there’s a rumor going around that the ps5 will launch November 20th 2020 for $499 usd and have gran turismo 7 as a launch title

22. Anthony_

If PS5 launches 11/20 then I would expect Xbox Two to launch 11/13 or 11/6.

Zach and StuffinCups like this.
  23. CapnJazzHandz

Regular Supporter

Please just call it Xbox. Microsoft's naming conventions are almost as bad as Sony with their headphones.

24. Jake W

25. Anthony_

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.