Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 847

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

well its -$10 on amazon rn

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Even being paid $10, anthem is not worth your time.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah it's a weird situation for sure. Like I can't believe Destiny 2 still has as many players as it does considering how rocky its initial launch was. It took them over a year to truly bring it to a good place and now it's arguably the best its ever been, but the fact that so many people have come back/decided to hop on for the first time is wild to me. None of the other big games in the sub-genre have had that kind of success. Even The Division 2, which launched in the best state any of these games has launched in yet, still has been tapering off in terms of buzz and player engagement. Destiny also has the best-feeling FPS gameplay on the market imo, that Bungie special sauce, so that certainly helps keep people around.

I guess I feel like Destiny will probably continue to be successful as long as the current content quality keeps up, but I don't know how many others will stick around.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Anthem is one of the worst games I've ever played.

It's because D2 didn't fully suck at launch. It just wasn't great. People were already invested because of D1 and just because it's Bungie. Bungie also kept saying they'd change things and then actually kept their word. They are fairly open and interactive with their community.

5. Bungie is the GOAT for their weekly community newsletter thing.

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Destiny does seem ALOT better than its competition in shooting mechanics and level design

I played Destiny 1 a good bit for about three months before I was done with it. It felt like if you didnt play every week you would fall behind everybody really quick. I just really really dont like damage dealt and hit points being governed by player level in an FPS game.

7. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Right. I played hundreds or hours of D1 because of that.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Anthony_ like this.
  8. Anthony_

Bungie really does have a thing for tight, intuitive, empowering-feeling shooting mechanics. The game is still a joy to play in so many ways, just purely in terms of mechanics. And I've seen nothing but glowing praise for the quality of the PC port as well (I play on PS4).

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. Cipher

I haven't played Destiny and never plan to. I never liked Bungie much.

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

There’s a lot of things that confuse me about Destiny’s design but ultimately I keep coming back to it because they make shooting the aliens really really really fun.

I also like how it feels like a second job at times because I’m a weirdo.

11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I do remember it feeling like a fucking job playing that game

“If I dont keep playing, Ill be underleveled and Ill hinder my friends’ progress”

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  12. Anthony_

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Isn’t China big into LoL?

14. Riot also told casters to call the Hong Kong team “Hong Kong Attitude” currently playing at their world championship ‘HKA’ instead of saying the words Hong Kong

15. currytheword

Trusted

Same can be said about Battlefront II. Terrible launch and deplorable reviews. A year later the game is kinda great and loaded with new stuff. Plenty of people still playing.

The Lucky Moose and RyanRyan like this.
  16. RyanRyan

I got Battlefront 1 over a year after release and it was a great time. Everything had been released save for one add-on, and it was a far cry from the ‘shell’ and buggy mess it launched as. I may well pick up 2 at some point soon, as it’s relatively cheap.

currytheword likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fortnite

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. Chocobo

Regular

no

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

2v2 v 2v2 me in fort nights and if I win no more of those games you like for two weeks.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fine I get ninja and teh tatman

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Is Fortnite a rogue

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

^ please translate old jerseys post, somebody

GrantCloud and Jake W like this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

actually no i want teh doc

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Stadia releases Nov 19th.

Who wants to make the thread?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.