Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 760

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

what about GameStop.com? Power to the Players ffs

2. tvck

Trusted

*only when you aren't trading in games

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You’d have to dig through the landfill of Pop figures and cheap game trinkets to find the game at GameStop.

Anthony_ likes this.
  4. DarkHotline

I honestly can’t make myself go into one, I just get bummed out at what that company has turned into.

Anthony_ likes this.
  5. Anthony_

or just, you know, buy some of them and help save the company. think of all the good they've done for us gamers over the years, taking our less-than-one-month-old trade-ins and giving us $0.75 for them. that credit adds up!

oldjersey and DarkHotline like this.
  6. tvck

Trusted

Don't forget them taking that trade in and selling it for almost full price! Such great people

7. Anthony_

key word: almost. it's still less than full price and it often doesn't come with pesky annoyances like the original game case. give me a disc in a paper sleeve for $10 less than full price or give me nothing at all, I say.

8. DarkHotline

“Sure, you can have this used copy of a newer game. Just $54.99!”

Your Milkshake and Anthony_ like this.
  9. tvck

Trusted

[​IMG]

10. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

last purchase I made at GameStop was Octopath (which I had preordered). They gave me the display copy with a roughed up case

Anthony_ likes this.
  11. DarkHotline

Honestly, I hated their constant protection pitches the most. Yeah, they have to but bruh, I’m buying a game on a Blu Ray disc.

12. Anthony_

hell yeah

13. DarkHotline

Oh that is the worst shit. I bought a copy of Skyrim used and it looked like a kid destroyed it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. tvck

Trusted

*kid behind the counter

DarkHotline likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

I always wanted to work at one when I was a teenager, I wanted to be the GameStop Randall.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. I've bought a decent amount of PS3 games I missed at GameStop over the past few years. It's still good for impulse-buying a $5 copy of Resident Evil 6 for your collection. I buy new stuff at Best Buy most of the time because I like walking in, picking up a sealed copy of whatever I'm buying, paying for it, and leaving.

17. Anthony_

As a teenager, when I became old enough to work, the only place I wanted to work in the world was at GameStop lol. "Just hang out and talk about video games with people all day!" Little did my naïve young self know what it's really like to work for GameStop.

18. tvck

Trusted

Little did you know you'd be assaulted daily for your employers shit policies against the consumer.

19. Anthony_

and the preorder quotas, and horrible pay, and on and on

20. tvck

Trusted

I've heard horror stories

21. tvck

Trusted

lol wtf?

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Lol you guys act like it’s a port

Just buy it on 3DS for 6$ then lol

Jake W likes this.
  23. tvck

Trusted

oh I know, just saying in general Nintendo's pricing is always a bit questionable. Granted games seem to be going on sale more for Switch than usual, the amount of time some of these stay at full price is not great.

24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Nothing against you, but video games are both too cheap and go on sale too much, to a point where it is hurting the industry (including the independent part of the industry). Nintendo is actually probably doing the right thing with their prices.

Jake W likes this.
  25. tvck

Trusted

That's fair, I just still can't stomach spending that much on ALL of the games I want to play, so I don't.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.