Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 744

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I just remembered I got The Last Guardian like three years ago and never played it. Is it good?

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I could never get into TLG

3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I didn't like it

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. Matt

I think I'll try it regardless after I finish the Witcher, although with the amount of quests I have right now I don't know if that ever ends.

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Anything that might have been good about TLG was ruined by some of the worst controls I've ever experienced

7. mescalineeyes

yes, and like I get that that Trico is supposed to be a "real creature" but having him respond only half the time only made it annoying, not interesting.

Jake W likes this.
  8. Matt

i want to love the big dog thing so that makes me sad

9. mescalineeyes

oh it's cute as heck. you will love it.

Matt likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The entirety of the game's Year 1 content, plus certain of the year 2 and year 3 content, will be free to play on 10/1 as "Destiny 2: New Light". At that time, if you wanted to experience all of the Year 2 content (raids, campaign, exotics, the year 2 seasonal content), you would buy the Destiny 2 Forsaken Collection for $25.

Then, the Year 3 content is all sold either a la carte or bundled together. You can buy just the new Shadowkeep expansion for $35, which also includes the season pass for season 8, Season of the Undying. You could just buy the Season of the Undying content for $10. Or you can by the digital deluxe bundle which includes Shadowkeep and the seasonal content for seasons 8-11 (which will be content up to September/October 2020). Each individual season's content can also be purchased for $10 without needing to own Shadowkeep or any of the other seasonal content.

Basically on 10/1 you can own every piece of content for all three years for $85. You also don't need any of the Year 2 content to jump in with the Year 3 content, so you could just download New Light for free and then get Shadowkeep.

11. Matt

I have friends who put in upwards of like 500 hours between Destiny 1 & 2. I have fun playing them but I never got invested the way they did.

12. mescalineeyes

Destiny is fucking incredible. Vault of Glass was one of the best experiences I've had in gaming.

Would I jump in today? Absolutely not. I think Destiny 2 is a soulless shell of a game. It's essentially busy work with marginal rewards.

13. Anthony_

I wouldn't call Destiny 2 "soulless". It's claimed plenty of souls at this point, my own included.

Cameron and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  14. RyanRyan

Felt like that with the division 1 after a while. 2 was phenomenally underwhelming to me and somehow received widespread public acclaim.

15. Matt

If Destiny 3 happens I will 100% get it, I just hope it's more like 1 than 2.

16. Anthony_

Honestly Destiny 2 is in a great place right now. I'd say it's maybe even in a better place now than Destiny 2 was when the Rise of Iron expansion came out, and it's about to get even better with Shadowkeep. It launched in a complete mess of a state but Forsaken fixed most of its issues and then the past few months have only made the game better. Now is a good time for people who wrote the game off initially to give it another try.

Cameron and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

Thanks

Also what the fuck

Anthony_ and sean_rugy like this.
  18. mescalineeyes

idk I just felt the raid(s) in d2 sucked, weren't worth it. I got all the fun I wanted out of this franchise with D1 I think. Although I am intriguied by the more rpg-focus they're trying to introduce with Shadowkeep.

19. The Lucky Moose

I loved Destiny 1 btw

20. Anthony_

The raid content In Year 1 was weak as hell but the three raids in Year 2 are all really good.

21. mescalineeyes

well at that point I had already sort-of given up. Though I did enjoy the 2nd area in Forsaken. That shit was tite.

22. Anthony_

Yeah it seems like in their attempt to make it so that you can buy whatever you want without needing to own anything else, they've made it really confusing.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. Anthony_

Last Wish, Scourge of the Past, and Crown of Sorrow are all great.

tvck likes this.
  24. tvck

Trusted

Year 1 Destiny 2, absolutely not the best at all. Year 2 Destiny 2, so fucking good. I ended up taking a break because of school and came back and was overwhelmed by the amount of things to do. Looking forward to 10/1 to get a little bit of a fresh start.

Anthony_ likes this.
  25. Anthony_ Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    Anthony_

Yeah getting on at Shadowkeep on 10/1 really is a fresh start because you won't need anything else other than the free base game and that expansion to play it. Also the story isn't going to rely too heavily on any of the stuff that came before it in Year 1 or 2, from what it seems like.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.