Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 713

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

It’s called input lag and some TVs have a lot of it. It might have settings that can improve it (both individual settings and/or gaming modes).

As a general rule, if you play games and need a new TV, compare TVs based on input lag, and if you can’t find information on the input lag of a TV then don't buy that TV.

grimis16 likes this.
  2. grimis16

Regular

I stopped playing COD because it became too fast paced and close quarters. The maps became tiny where you would spawn, run forward for 10 seconds and be in a firefight. I prefer the slower paced feel...however the Battle Royal mode is too slow paced. I need a middle ground.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. grimis16

Regular

Thanks, well now I know I need to do research on input lag next time I buy a TV. Shit was unplayable on my mom's TV.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah it’s a thing a lot of people don’t know (I only learned about it a few years ago) but it’s definitely important haha

5. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

65 inch Sony Bravia?
    Say no more.

Switch the TV to Game Mode and then disable all the post processing settings in the advanced video settings on the tv (smart motion, etc.)

I'm mixing some tracks for a client so I'm on the board with half an eye, holla if you need anything.

(source: I have 2017's Sony Bravia 65" haha)

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

The reason these are so small are because they’re 2v2 maps, the maps used for other modes are much bigger

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

rob is a noob for playing cod but not dead rising

8. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Get good Jon, cod is a real gamer game. Give me my Mountain Dew and Doritos sponsorships already

9. GBlades

Trusted

So the credits are rolling on Nier, which I'm guessing isnt finished yet because it was only 16 hours. Still have the other endings to do but so many questions!

mescalineeyes and Joe4th like this.
  10. mescalineeyes

Keep playing.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

wwwtttffffffff

13. GBlades

Trusted

I've just started another play through now. I dont usually replay games but I know this has a ton of different things.

14. mescalineeyes

there’s some overlap at the beginning of play through 2, but it’s only to throw you off I think. It becomes wildly different. Play through 3 might as well be another game.

15. GBlades

Trusted

I'll report back shortly then!

mescalineeyes likes this.
  16. mescalineeyes

Play through 3 was my fav

17. GBlades

Trusted

Sweet, I'm playing as 2B!. I hope we hear more on A2 and the aliens, I thought I was gonna get some answers in the first play through.

18. mescalineeyes

oh you’ll get plenty of answers lol.

it’s really weird that the credits roll in between as they’re not really different play throughs. More like episodes haha

19. GBlades

Trusted

I haven't played a Nier game before, I did play Drakengard though so I guess the only one I've missed is the original Nier. I just can't get over the music, so intense! Glad I get to keep my EXP and items.

EDIT: Hacking!? That'll explain those boxes and doors I couldn't get through.

20. currytheword

Trusted

I remember the first time I ever experienced input lag was on the PS3 with Guitar Hero. Thankfully no tv’s since have suffered the same issue.

21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

22. mescalineeyes

:-|

23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I was going to be like "nah, I've heard worse" because I've played A LOT of bad JRPGs with terrible voice acting, but holy shit. This should be illegal.

Your Milkshake and mescalineeyes like this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

29536A49-C133-42FB-A7D8-3A84A6C414D9.jpeg

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Beat Owl in Sekiro on only my third attempt. Was very surprised since I was seeing how a lot of people referred to him as one of the harder bosses in the game. Honestly struggled much more with Ishiin, and Seven Spears.

Anthony_ likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.