Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 672

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm not actually a fan of the setting or the story, though I don't mind it, but mechanically it is still the best series third person shooter genre has to offer. The multiplayer is still really great too. I would prefer them to move the mechanics and so on to a new IP once they're done with the current trilogy, but those games sell so it's not going to happen.

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I loved Gears when I was 13 but my taste in games has changed a lot since then lol

3. The Lucky Moose

Like I said, mechanically it's unparalleled, which is the really what the series is about. The rest is whatever.

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I would also like to see a new IP. I'm really happy Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Bungie, and Guerilla all moved on to multiple IPs even though they easily could have stayed with their most popular IPs and beat them into the ground. I would love to see something totally unexpected from the Gears team. I know they're part of Epic and Epic has Fortnite, but with the talent behind GOW something new and single/co-op would be really cool.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The first gears got sooooo much play out of me, and my friends. It was the go-to til Halo 3 came out.

6. The Lucky Moose

The Gears team is not part of Epic. Epic hasn't made the last few Gears games. The first non-Epic one was still on 360 and made by People Can Fly. After that, Microsoft built a team specifically for the Gears franchise, The Coalition, just like they did for Halo with 343. That team does include some of the people that were behind Gears at Epic though.

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Like the whole campaign being split-screen co op, and online MP/Split-screen MP. So much fun. Shame couch co op is no longer a big deal. At least we have Overcooked, and Diablo 3.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

They still do that in Gears which is cool. Me nephew and I always play new Gears games like that.

Cameron likes this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sounds like a perfect uncle/nephew experience.

My nephew is obsessed with Fortnite sadly

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh, I forgot that happened. I don't pay attention Gears stuff haha. Thanks for the info.

11. The Lucky Moose

To be fair my nephew is like 21 and I’m 29 lol it’s more like a little brother thing

Cameron likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

Given how shitty the shooting in Fortnite is, it feels like all the people responsible for Gears went either to The Coalition or Boss Key lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  13. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

If the shooting in fortnite was good that game would be unenjoyable. You’d go down so fast.

Zach likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ugh I got my 8bitdo controller and you need to update the firmware when you get it on your computer. so I update the firmware and the second it completely updatied the controller starts vibrating and will not stop no matter what. How weird is that. I bought it 'used' which was obvi dumb of me to save a few bucks. Gonna return this one and just bought a brand new one because I love how it feels in my hand.

15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Now you like long winded novels.

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

17. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Rod Ferguson has been with Gears essentially since the beginning and now he is head of the Coalition. People Can Fly handled Gears of War Judgement.

18. I’ve always loved the Gears series. Always fun to co-op the campaign and I usually get quite a bit of fun out of the multiplayer

The Lucky Moose and Nate_Johnson like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wow, body shaming cobes? Not a good look for you my friend.

20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Tech Test was a blast last night.

21. Anthony_

For the record, by “GOTY” I meant “good old time, y’all”. What did you think I meant?

oldjersey likes this.
  22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Gears 2 and 3 are peak coop

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He spends a lot of time on twitter, he's infected

Anthony_ and Jake W like this.
  24. Anthony_

Bits aside I don’t either Cobes or I was serious when we were saying MUA3 would be GOTY. I was excited for it before the reviews but I never actually thought it would be THAT good.

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

You're saying this post-reviews I don't believe you

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.