Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 550

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Cipher

This suggestion might be based on a technicality, but I'll take any opportunity to recommend it. If you haven't already, you should try out Transistor. It's a pretty weird mash up of real time and turn based combat. It has a great story and music as well.

Cameron and zigbigwig like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

alright. This summer I am going to focus on actually clearing my backlog so here we go. First game I am playing is Hitman.

3. chris

Trusted Supporter

I plan to do this as well. Beat Uncharted 4 yesterday (some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a game). Now committing to my 3rd attempt at Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Edit: speaking of, I think I finally understand the combat this time

mescalineeyes likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

I was all confused because the hitman stuff just had the training missions and none of the actual story and it turned out I had to download all the missions. What a drag.

Jake W likes this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Did not like that new Hitman and I've always liked Hitman

6. RyanRyan

I’ve always thought all Hitman games feel super dated, in terms of gameplay and the mechanics. Very wooden? It’s hard to put my finger on...so I don’t. The whole episodic content thing just irks me further.

7. CobraKidJon

I just did the prologue training stuff and I hope it’s just because it’s the beginning because it felt like they held my hand a bunch.

also having to grab every item is such a chore.

8. RyanRyan

Where’s this Simpsons hit and run remake at come onnnn I’m bored. There was talk of it no? Or rumours?

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  9. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

Yeah, wasn't there a q+a or something with the writers of the show?

RyanRyan likes this.
  10. RyanRyan

I bet it lasted one minute.

“Will we ever see a Hit and Run remake, or a new game in the series?”
    “No. Bye.”

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  11. RyanRyan

Quote from a Gamespot article on said Q&A:

“The Simpsons Video Game in 2007 was the latest Simpsons console/PC game. During the livestream, Burns said the producers are always thinking about how they could make more Simpsons titles, but, sorry, there is no word yet on if Hit & Run 2 will ever happen.”

They mentioned a cancelled EA game that was in the style of Mario Party. So nothing that interesting came of them being there, in my opinion. All we know is that they were working on a party game that would’ve taken over a decade so they gave up. Could’ve said that in a blog post:cringe:.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That 2007 Simpsons game was pretty good.

I’m sure that mobile game makes a lot of money, so they probably aren’t worried about consoles.

13. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I wasn't a big fan of the 2007 game, although I was playing it on the wii lmao

14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah the Wii version and the 360 version really weren’t comparable

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It gets a lot less like that once you start the proper missions (although you can track certain things within each level that makes the game easier if you want to).

I love the newer hitman games, they're very much built so you can just play them how you want to play them, which I've found has given the games a lot of replay value for me. I can see if your're a completionist why grabbing every item could be a big pain though (personally I don't care about achievements so I don't bother doing this)

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve tried to get into FF, but I think the problem is it’s always at wrong times. For example my first exposure was X when it first came out, and I actually remember really enjoying it. Though it was a rental, and I never played an RPG before so I was a noob. Turned it back in, and never thought about it. Then with all the hype around XV I bought day one, and well we know how that turned out. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit at first tho how others have said there’s just a lot of padding in the side activities. Plus the combat is hit or miss at times.

Then with Remake coming out I tried to play the remaster on PS4, and it was just too dated for me to get into. I’m definitely all aboard VII remake, and can’t wait. I might try XII since I have the remaster of that on PS4 as well.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The best JRPG franchise is clearly Conception, most notably their entry Conception 2. I have proof.

wZgHRxZ.jpg conception-2-screenshot-2.jpg 2621181-2014-04-17-144230.jpg 25.jpg hqdefault.jpg hqdefault (1).jpg

P. S. Your character is called "God's Gift". No joke.

DarkHotline, Shakriel and yung_ting like this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Abby is a top 3 GB'er for me. if i were to get rid of anyone it would be Alex, he is incapable of not commenting on something, steamrolls people, and has the worst voice of all time

20. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

but have you heard @oldjersey voice?

21. Shrek

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Bro my voice is absolutely incredible, ive had strangers walk up to me and tell me how fantastic it is back off bro

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I was gonna say people would tell me I should do radio but that would lead to the most uncreative joke of all time

24. Shrek

so, your podcast

Vase Full Of Rocks, Joe4th and Jake W like this.
  25. Shrek

@oldjersey heard us say "giant bomb podcast" and decided to make a podcast that was a giant bomb

Anthony_, Joe4th and oldjersey like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.