Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 214

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Just get both

2. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

4. mescalineeyes

no buddy, buying broken games is the least sleek of the beaks.

5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Loving it. I miss the Metro and they haven't sold me on leaving it but I'm still only in the first area. Lots of good scares already. I've died a lot already wondering in the wrong direction so it's pretty high tension.

currytheword likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

watched a streamer play anthem and he said it felt like 4 hours of actual story and like 12 hours of time padding content which was a bummer.

7. currytheword

Trusted

The gameplay is good though? Shooting feels challenging and what not? I get afraid of FPS's being too repetitive too quickly or being too easy.

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The shooting feels maybe a step down from the recent Wolfentsein games, it's not like super polished but it's fun. I died a bunch early on because you need work benches to clean your gun and I had fallen into a swamp so my gun was jamming literally every two shots and I couldn't find a workbench for a long time, so that was stressful. A few monsters seem too powerful to kill early on, I used all my ammo reserves on a creature and it still didn't die. And another type (the dog-like things from the first game) howl if you don't kill them quickly and I got over run a few times and couldn't take them all out. I think if the game is going to manage to have a healthy difficulty all the way through it's going to be dependent on things like that, limiting your survivablity by lack of resources and health (on normal it's about 2 hits from a creature and you're down).

It's tough for me, but I'd hate to give you the wrong idea just because I'm not very good at it, haha.

9. currytheword

Trusted

Your description couldn't be better. That sounds challenging as fuck and exactly how FPS's should be to me. Will be picking this up after KH3 most likely.

Vivatoto likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

if you stream crackdown terry crews might stop by your stream so brb while I try and get him to notice me.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I had to open after closing at work last night and instead of going to bed when I got home I played Chrono Trigger for a few hours, I’m tired as shit but I’m probably gonna play instead of napping now that I’m off work lol

12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Chrono Trigger has some parts I had to look up because I had no idea where to go or which character to talk to

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Can't wait for you to get to the end

sean_rugy likes this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m barely two hours in and same

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How are you playing it?

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

On my surface with a gamepad

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

crafty, what gamepad you using? Those 8bitdo ones look so good.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Some generic one I got for 20 bucks lol I’m broke

19. mescalineeyes

so I don't know if Metro is a good game or not, but the first hour is breathtaking.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  20. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah, I definitely had to look up most of it due to the spoilers that I'm not gonna mention right now. Was still a damn great story though.

21. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Anthem is so confusing because the gameplay is an actual blast and it's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game with friends since original Destiny, but the rest leaves a lot to be desired. The characters are interesting, or so it seems, but placed in what hardly feels like a real story. The load times are atrocious (though my friend moved the game to an SSD and says it cut them in half...but I don't think I'm about to buy an SSD for this) and there are bugs ranging from annoying to weird to game-breaking.

That being said, I think the gameplay is satisfying enough right now to keep me playing as long as friends do and I think, much like Destiny, it can only get much better from here (just keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't take the expensive DLC note from Destiny's playbook...)

22. mescalineeyes

All additional content for anthem is going to be free

nomemorial likes this.
  23. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I thought I read that somewhere, but wasn't confident. That makes me much more confident dropping time in this game - D2 burnt me by releasing something with little to no endgame that was later filled in with $60+ worth of extras and I'm just not into paying for one game twice. Glad to see Anthem won't be taking the same route.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My yearly reminder that this was an actual conversation on an episode of SVU

[​IMG]

25. mescalineeyes

every EA game so far that has promised free content over its lifetime has delivered so far, but at a pace where it's barely anything at all and much slower than their paid offerings (BFV vs BFI, Titanfall 1 vs Titanfall 2) so you know just something to keep in mind.

skurt likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.