Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 164

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose Jan 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 16, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That second EA Battlefront is actually pretty good now, definitely worth it whenever it is on sale. The gameplay is great, the campaign is solid enough (especially for Star Wars fans) and visually impressive, and all the nonsense has been taken out.

currytheword, dash64 and jorbjorb like this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Thanks I'll give that one a go.

Rob Hughes likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I haven’t played a game in a few days and this sucks

4. dash64

This is my design

Same here, I feel your pain :concerned:

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

that’s my whole fuckin’ life. we watch too many tv shows to have game time lol

she got The Sims 4 yesterday though and i’m hoping she gets as hooked on that as she suspects she will so i can play the Switch guilt-free

6. CobraKidJon

I have school from like noon to 2 pm and right after that I have to go straight to work from 3 to midnight so like no time st all.

People are like play games before school and I’m like nahh that’s relaxing time lol.

7. dash64

This is my design

Do you at least have weekends off?

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm still playing Astrobot like crazy. I think I have one more challenge level and I'll have 100%'d the game. Then I'll probably move on to Moss, or maybe download Tetris instead.

tucah and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Friday/Saturdays off but I usually spend that time going out to hang with friends and stuff or movies. I’m a busy man.

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Really tempted to pick that up. I love a good platformer. You just need VR and a DS4 controller right? No wands?

11. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Correct. It's such a great platformer.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

just finished Night In the Woods - so good!! the pathos showcased by the game is extraordinary

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I purchased that, have heard great things, but still have not played.

14. Horrorca

Trusted

it’s closer to a graphic novel than a game tbh

I love graphic novels (and VGs) so I was thrilled

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I actually kind of like when games put all the ? marks and everything on the map cus I like to know that I am seeing everything worth seeing and it helps channel my sense of like "ok i am making progress, I just cleared this section of the map". But I do agree it can be overwhelming and make it feel almost chore like.

I think AC: Origins does a really good job though. Everything still feels pretty interesting almost 50 hours in. It's not just like repetitive restricted areas. And I like that it doesn't really have normal collectibles. Far Cry 4 felt a lot more repetitive and chore like to me. And I agree with @tucah about needing to do every little thing in an RPG, but that's kind of why I like when it's all laid out on the map for me.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m glad I’m not a big completionist when it comes to RPGs, I would be too overwhelmed with how games are made now

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

it's wonderful. just perfect, inventive platforming with charm and personality to spare (all while constantly surprising and immersing you with vr). it (and tetris) are what pushed me over the edge to buy a vr set and i don't regret it one bit, one of my favorite games last year.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Exactly where I'm at it actually becomes stressful for me which... defeats the purpose. But I mean once I get pretty comfortable with a game it doesn't bother me, but it makes me scared to start them.

19. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

is there more stuff out there along the lines of NoClip and Indie Game: The Movie? always been super interested in the behind the scenes stuff and am looking for some more.

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I like The Messenger, but for some reason it's just not as much fun as I expected it to be. There are some frustrating things about it.

I started playing Celeste last night and instantly the world, the characters and the mechanics draw you right in. I'm excited to see where that goes.

ECV and sean_rugy like this.
  21. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Bought this like two months ago. Can't wait to start it.

Spiderman DLC is pretty so-so thus far. Story missions are glorified crime encounters sometimes and the screwball 'challenges' are about as fun as licking a bus seat.

22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Celeste is one of the few games where I wish I could wipe my memory and enjoy it fresh again.

23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Gaming Historian is pretty legit

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I loved the time I spent with The Messenger. Once it opens out and gives you the 8bit/16bit stuff from the trailers its just a delight to play. Really enjoyed the dialogue too

25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i have never heard of God Eater but it is apparently just Monster Hunter with an anime coat of paint. where do i insert my money

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.