Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 163

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Being that my main game was world of Warcraft for about 11 years, the mmo style quests in DA:I are pretty mild comparatively

slowheart, Joe4th and tucah like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

DA:I was and is severely underrated. Everyone still getting their hate for DA2 out (which despite obviously being the worst in the series and not that great is not as bad as its reputation, mainly because of the story and characters) caused them to go into DA:I with a ton of biases that were never reckoned with. It's a great game.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

very true, and i'll admit that most of my misgivings about inquisition are entirely on me because you can skip the more basic stuff and get to the better quests but my compulsive need to do every single thing i see in an rpg got the better of me there.

mattfreaksmeout and sophos34 like this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think skyrim is my most played game (besides wow) because it’s map and quests for the most part all feel meaningful and fulfilling and you can make it as overwhelming or underwhelming as you want, sometimes I track every quest I have sometimes I track 1 at a time and move in a linear fashion along a quest line to its conclusion. I know everyone wants to shit on Skyrim these days and prop up the previous 3 elder scrolls games but it really does a lot of things better than so many games that came after it trying to replicate its formula even to this day

Matt, Gnarly Charlie and Anthony_ like this.
  5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

My most played game is 100% a Pokémon game, LeafGreen probably. Other than that, Animal Crossing Wild World or Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life.

sophos34 likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

I'm pretty glad you're liking DA:I so much. I remember the initial reaction being shit because people though it was just DA2 again but after playing it myself and realising that they actually made this vast experience with new landscapes and in-depth characters, much like Origins did, actually put a little faith back into Bioware and the Dragon Age franchise.

Getting to the end of the series was truly brilliant, fighting the dragons and unravelling such a story that I had started at Origins was great. I just hope they keep the same solid grounds and build upon it for 4 but I do actually believe that after this they will have that foundation.

Now if only someone brought Breath of Fire back...

I'm probably the same.

sophos34 likes this.
  7. Anthony_

The one significant thing about Anthem as it pertains to DA4 is that we'll really and truly see if EA is actually giving Bioware as much freedom from the bullshit as both parties claim they are. As it stands, for a game that could be as aggressively monetized as a looter-shooter could be, it seems as though EA is being relatively tame with Anthem, at least for now. How much of this is just a knee-jerk reaction to the Battlefront II debacle remains to be seen, but we have a long time between when Anthem comes out and when DA4 will launch (probably within the first year of next-gen, if I had to guess) to watch how it plays out. If EA returns to their old ways with Anthem down the road (entirely possible), I'll feel a lot worse about DA4. If not, I think DA4 will probably be fine in regards to the bullshit.

sophos34 likes this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

my most played game has to be Halo Reach haha

9. Anthony_

My most played game?

1114 hours, 52 minutes on Destiny 1
    698 hours, 53 minutes on Destiny 2

So, yeah, those lol

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I've been playing it on PSVR occasionally. It's kind of a drag because I've played it so much before and it's finally showing its age a bit but you're right. Until Witcher 3 and RDR 2, I think Skyrim, and just the ES series in general, were the open world kings.

sophos34 likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

If Pokémon Showdown counts that is definitely my most played game lol

Henry and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Most played non-MMO is Final Fantasy X

Not sure if FFXIV would top that since MMOs are second jobs

oldjersey, Joe4th and sophos34 like this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Witcher 3 is right up there but it’s deifnitely guilty of littering the map with endless ?’s and shit

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

I remember spending DAYS playing these games with my sick clan.
    upload_2019-1-16_10-11-58.png

oldjersey and sophos34 like this.
  15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I've played too much R6S, Overwatch and Smite haha

16. Fucking Dustin

Been thinking about getting Witcher 3 at some point...but I'm scared

I have so many unfinished books and want to go outside more and The Witcher 3 seems like the game that would stall that forever

Joe4th likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I powered through it in two weeks playing 8 hours a day when it first came out (my semester had just ended for summer so I had lots of free time) but all of my replay attempts have stopped about 5-10 hours in because I’ll prioritise games I haven’t played yet and it ends up getting pushed back further and further until I forget about it for a while and try again. I highly suggest everybody do at least one full play through though, it just doesn’t have the replay ability for me that skyrim does

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  18. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Heck yeah

sean_rugy likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

This is actually very comforting to know and makes me feel like I won't get as sucked in as I think haha thanks!

Joe4th and sophos34 like this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

It’s also the kind of game where, once I finished the story (which does take a long fucking time), I was done with it. RDR2 was like that. But for some reason skyrim is the one game I keep going back to the same save file years and years after I finish the story because the main quest is hardly the focal point of the game. With the Witcher 3, it’s very much narrative driven

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

continuing to love Game Pass

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

jorbjorb likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

As far as online shooters go I haven't played one that even comes close to socom in terms of great team play. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Loved how everyone had to communicate and how stealthy you had to be.

sophos34 likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean FF7 takes at least 45 hours to beat? I've beat it prob 6 or 7 times completely. That's prob my most played non mmo

sophos34 likes this.
  25. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Rainbow Six Siege! It's 5 vs 5, one life per round and team play is essential. You can queue solo if you want but it's always best to have a squad for the best experience

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.