Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 1050

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The WiiU did not look like the Wii

Anthony_ likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

they had to double check before buying them for me lmao

RyanRyan likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The biggest blunder about the WiiU was Nintendo fudging the reveal by focusing on the controller and confusing normies

4. The Lucky Moose

I think the name was pretty bad and confusing too, I’m just saying the design wasn’t the problem

Joe4th, Anthony_ and mescalineeyes like this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

Naming is tricky. The simple numbering Sony does is effective, but at some point it’ll get ridiculous. I think 5 is about as far as you can go. I understand why the others don’t do it that way. The downside is that they are more likely to fuck it up.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  6. RyanRyan

I don’t think I can ever refer to the Nintendo Wii and not giggle at its name because I’m a manchild

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah but the adverts made it seem like it was a new controller for the Wii and not a new console

Anthony_ and The Lucky Moose like this.
  8. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I agree and the name was also bad. I’m only saying it didn’t look like the Wii.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

10. The Lucky Moose

There’s just no way that’s the PS5 lolol they’d have to be out of their fucking minds

11. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

tHaTs JuSt tHe DeVkIt

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

whats your favorite games I bet they suck

dadbolt and oldjersey like this.
  14. RyanRyan

Don’t ask cos you’ll get an essay on how they’re the best ever made and it’ll be straight facts no discussion we should get new friends

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

well splinter cell had a couple good games with middling storys but now theyre outdated af. and they never would have existed without another much better game series doing ALL of the innovative groundwork years prior.

16. The Lucky Moose

[​IMG]

Your Milkshake likes this.
  17. Cipher

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the best stealth game ever made. The original Halo still holds up incredibly well. I'm a huge fan of the Ace Combat games since they're nearly perfect in their game design. One of my favorite games from this generation is Titanfall 2. Same with Hyper Light Drifter. One of my favorite developers is Supergiant Games. All of their games are great in their own ways. Those are just some of my favorites.

As I said, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is still the greatest stealth game ever made. Outdated it is not. The first two aren't entirely outdated but I do agree they haven't aged as well as Chaos Theory. The OG Xbox version of Double Agent is pretty good. Conviction is good in its own way even if I prefer a more classic design like Blacklist.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Anthony_Soprano and Joe4th like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I agree that not all Splinter Cell games are outdated and some of the ones that aren't are still truly great. Also, in the context of its time, SC1 was an absolute revelation.

That being said, the best stealth game of all time is Mark Of The Ninja.

20. The Lucky Moose

21. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like the new Xbox being completely backwards compatible with all previous Xbox's should be a bigger deal

mescalineeyes likes this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

Is it actually backwards compatible with all games or only those games that the Xbox One was compatible with? I'm not saying that wasn't great, I'm just wondering.

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I played through SC 1 - CT at least once upon their releases. They were good games I struggle to call them truly great or transcendent. CT does come closest.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, I just re-read the article and its the Xbox One list. Still good stuff though, and another reason why I might jump to Xbox this generation

25. The Lucky Moose

They're probably still going to expand it over time, I would assume

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.