Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 1025

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

lol i've only talked to a handful of animals tbh

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

what is the story behind Fallout 76?

As soon as I heard about it (like, heard the title and the release date) I was about to throw money down on a PS4 and the special edition. And I learned it was like an online MP only game or something and that’s not at all my jam so I stopped tracking it after that. I thought I could hold out for a Fallout 5, but OW got that itch on me that I need to scratch so now I’m impatiently waiting for FO4 to finish downloading/updating.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

02041D63-FE7B-487E-8D05-90A6CE47DC09.jpeg

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. DarkHotline

One of the biggest strikes against 76 is the lack of NPCs. Like for a series that’s well known for their interactions with the player, it definitely didn’t make any sense to leave them out.

5. DarkHotline

WV as a world was pretty cool tho, probably the best part of the game imo.

6. RyanRyan

Wasted potential methinks

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Bethesda Game Studios Austin TX were instructed to make a GAAS looter shooter and that’s what they did. Shitty story.

8. RyanRyan

They’re in dire need of a new engine or something. Everything they ever seem to touch (that’s produced and created by them, not iD software or ‘published’ by them) is just plagued with decade-old bugs, wooden animations, clunky mechanics, game-breaking faults and an almost-impressive lack of concern regarding customer feedback year in year out. They even had the audacity to joke about how their games ‘might not work properly sometimes’.

I think 76 could have been something even half-decent, but they chose to apply multiplayer to a creaking old joke of a game and it visibly struggled - as everybody predicted. Had they actually taken the time to implement major changes rather than rush it out the door, we might’ve seen something halfway enjoyable.

Incredibly they managed to fuck things further with the way they handled the ridiculous collector’s edition controversy and their online store, as well as multiple updates to the game that seemed to make performance worse somehow. They treated their audience as beta testers. Given the standard of previous games at launch, that’s pretty par for the course with Bethesda. Release a wooden clanky mess and wait for the PC community to fix it.

Apparently it’s passable now? But I think you’d have to be fucking ludicrous to wanna play that after all that went down, and I certainly won’t be rushing to get another one of their games until they pull their finger out their arse and do something about the state of their company.

9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Does anyone here use emulators on their phones? Also I have an iPhone and am wondering if it’s possible.

10. RyanRyan

Doubt it is on iPhone without jail breaking

Jake W likes this.
  11. Cipher

A new Bioshock is confirmed to be in development by a new studio. They've got a lot to live up to after 2K Marin dropped their masterpiece.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanRyan and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Started Bioshock 2 last night and whilst it doesn't feel as immersive, I'm still having a great time so far. The changes to hacking are great and so much less tedious than the first

RyanRyan and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Being able to respec whenever the hell you want for free is such an awesome feature in DOS2

16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

for the RPG players out there (or, i guess, any game with a large world/map like Just Cause, GTA, RDR, etc.) do you prefer to look at the map ahead of time - even just for a few minutes - to get a feel for size, or do you like to go in blind to how big the world is?

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Blind, I think.

18. GBlades

Trusted

I like the initial exploration and finding points on the map yourself. If it's too big though I expect to get bored of it ala Assassins Creed Odyssey. Found myself repeating a lot there, as much as I loved the combat and exploration.

19. CobraKidJon

I always go in blind unless the game comes with a map for the disc copy.

20. RyanRyan

Oh ffs come on, L4D VR?! Give us a console game pleaseeeee. Dying for a new L4D. Even it was a bloody remaster. I’m sure L4D VR would be great - imagine a Boomer (as in the fat vomit sacks...not Jersey) throwing up in your face in VR? The panic haha. But still...after waiting for so long for one and then having that waved around makes me one bitter bitchboy

21. RyanRyan

If I have a special edition or something with a physical map I’m all over it, planning where I want to visit. I tend to avoid looking at them online though. Adored discovering RDR2’s landmarks and strange places, and things such as the meteorite crash shack (with all the dismembered scorched bodies) would’ve been ruined had I known it was there.

22. CobraKidJon

LETS GET IT

23. DarkHotline

That’s awesome, The Show is a fantastic franchise and it’s great that more people will get to play it.

24. Cipher

Massive W

25. CobraKidJon

yakuza 0 karaoke is all I need in a game

thenewmatthewperry and Jake W like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.