Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 835

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm just glad they're happy with it and will probably make more like it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

FarCry 5 looks like it's gonna be good.

That environment is insanely beautiful. Hopefully they do the Christian cult thing tastefully.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

The villain reminds me of Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne.

Cameron likes this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Great article that discusses the importance of making this a political statement instead of just another generic shooter.

How Far Cry 5 Could Make A Serious Political Statement...Or Get It Very, Very Wrong

ugman_2000 and Joe4th like this.
  5. The Lucky Moose May 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 27, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I agree mostly but a bombastic shooter that oversimplifies political realities is industry standard (they are just not usually set in the US) and it very much serves people looking for bombastic shooters.

The amount of think pieces seem to be disproportionately high this time because this game happens to POTENTIALLY oversimplify something that happens to be going on in the US.

Vivatoto and DeviantRogue like this.
  6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Sure, but knowing how much we know of FC5 and that it revolves around this kind of story, it's gonna be disappointing if it's not really explored.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Smite Pro League is back for the summer split and I'm so hyped about it being back.

It's always great to see the outrage over the new meta the pros have.

8. The Lucky Moose

I get it. But... I'm calling it right now: it won't really be explored and it will be dissapointing to those that expect otherwise. If I turn out to be wrong people can happily digg this up and show me how wrong I was, haha.

Also I added some more stuff to the post you quoted in cases that matters, haha.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Well, FWIW, WD2 was pretty good about political commentary that was relevant. It's obviously not as serious or as specific as the upcoming Far Cry, but recently Ubi has improved its games and it would make FC5 SO much better if it succeeded in its narrative. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I've not seen this much detail in the characters in trailers in FC before. It seems to be placing more importance on them than previous FC games, so they can't tease us this, and then not live up to that in the game lol

Joe4th and The Lucky Moose like this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Totally forgot about Friday The 13th's release date. Will be downloading when I get home. I'm guessing it's the standard $59.99?

11. The Lucky Moose

carrytheweight likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I keep forgetting Agents Of Mayhem and I'm excited every time I remember

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I've been playing Friday the 13th and it's really fun when you get into a lobby. Send me a DM with your username if you want to join

14. CobraKidJon

Two of the main characters in Mad Max are named Scrotus and Chumbucket.

I'm convinced the next dude I meet will be named butthole at this point.

15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I have work in 18 minutes but I must play at least one FT13 session

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What level are you? I'm 8 but I really want to hurry to lv 13 to get Jason Part II

17. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

It's also weird how the politics must be fully explored now, when the game involves killing white folks (Granted I think it should be). Plenty of shooters involving the slaughter of brown people in the middle east that's treated as popcorn affair.

Wish people cared more about caricatures when its not directly aimed at their identity.

FC3 had some really interesting ideas, but didn't quite fulfill them. Cautiously optimistic about 5.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

1. I literally played one session haha.

19. CobraKidJon

I was watching angry joe stream Friday the 13th and it was hilarious.

He and this random group of people managed to get everything to escape in a car.

They proceed to leave angry joe and start to mess with him and not let him in the car. Jason suddenly appears and kills the driver and lets the other three and joe escape. I laughed way to much at that.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i love when he just does that kind of stuff. i like AJ a lot but i hate his movie reviews and stuff lol

21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I decided to fire up TF2 since ive been so into OW and was feeling nostalgic. jesus christ, what did valve do to this game? there are sooooo many stupid cosmetics and the weapons are half good and half what the fuck. MVM is no longer being supported so its a ghost town which sucks. Then theres the "Meet Your Match" update which, fuck me. what the hell is that. the matchmaking is now so slooooow and theyve forced competitive rules into the game which just kills the fun. I have like, 2000+ hours on TF2 I came very close to playing it in the competitive scene so I LOVED the game, but god damn its just become this odd cosmetic fashion game of grinding for weapons. just a bummer to see it kind of regress the way it has. i was never opposed to new weapons or the class updates or even hats and stuff, but now its just so bad. not to mention buggy as hell i cant believe they still havent optimized that game properly

22. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

TF3 coming to xbox one and ps4 lol

23. CobraKidJon

I wasted so many hours in college just playing team fortress 2 at the school computer lab

it was glorious

24. CobraKidJon

pointless story because I was reminded about this

during college I spent my days playing tf2 at school and at night all I would play is Black Ops 2 on my 360.

I remember a friend would always be watching/playing this game and I didn't know what it was. I asked what it was and he was like it's League Of Legends. I never cared to learn because I thought mobas were lame and I hated that top down view. I didn't think LoL would become how huge it is now.

A few years later and smite is now my favorite Moba but I'm still eh about top down view.

25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Played a bit of Brothers on Xbox since it's part of the Game Pass. Will take the free easy 1000G.

Also, decided to give Dead Rising 4 a spin. Was in the mood for a Dead Rising game. Had an absolute BLAST in the hour or so I played. Love the series so much..

secretsociety92 and Nate_Johnson like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.