Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 567

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. takingback1738

my fav game of all time will always be crash bandicoot

SpyKi likes this.
  2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Borderlands is a must co-op experience

I can't play those games alone.

hardlikealgebra and GettingSodas like this.
  3. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Yeah now I completely understand.

I love co-op games :-)

4. It's hard to catch all the dialogue playing co-op, though; a lot of it gets cut off by people doing their own thing, in my experience. Like, I'd be listening to Moxxi giving me a quest, and then someone accepts a quest from Zed and it's like wtf. That's why I prefer to play through alone the first time.

Anthony_D'Elia and GettingSodas like this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

@BackyardHero11 A visual novel is a lot of reading, pictures of anime characters and the occasional choice/branching path. Some aren't anime but most are, especially on Vita.

6. DeviantRogue

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The Witness is one of my favorite games of the year. The way it uses every single thing at its disposal to give you a variety of puzzles stemming from the simple objective of making a line is genius. There are so many wonderful, inventive, unique ideas packed into that game and, like many of the best puzzle games, manages to make you feel smart when you finally nail a puzzle or finally understand the rules for a set of puzzles. I'm not even the hugest fan of puzzle games although I do like them occasionally, but something about The Witness just clicked for me and I adore it.

DeviantRogue likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think The Witness is a brilliant game and is very impressive and incredibly well made but I didn't enjoy it at all. Have no desire to go back and finish it.

9. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I always get tempted when I see the Witness on sale, because of all the praise it gets.

Then I remember who I am and know I will hate the nearly every second of the game and use guides/give up very quickly.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So I got an Xbox one for Christmas. I haven't really played any consoles in quite a while. I had no idea about this having to install the game and updates before you can play thing. My internet is terrible. I've been trying since Christmas Day and still haven't been able to play a game

aspeedomodel likes this.
  11. How do you get a new game console for Christmas? My extended family is huge (just on my mom's side), so my cousins and I all get presents that are like $20 range. The last big thing I got for Christmas was a ~$90-100 electronic drum set from my parents a few years ago (I basically looked for and bought it on my own and then they paid me back).

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

My wife got it for me because she had no idea what else to get me and it was a Black Friday deal. This year my family did the $25 or less route though with my parents and siblings.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. williek311 Dec 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2016)
    williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yes you should. Such an amazing game. In regards to the best moment that they talk about from The Witness, for the people that played that game where did that moment happen for you? I just activated the desert laser and the lift takes it up and as the lift is going up I start looking at the bottom and see a circle and think, "huh thats odd, looks like all the puzzles I've been doing" then click on it activate the puzzle finish it and my mind explodes.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

is it possible to play co-op portal 2 on PC? like if i use the mouse and my girlfriend uses a controller, is there a way to do that? im currently downloading so i cant launch and check

15. DeviantRogue

Yes. Should work.

16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

there's definitely a split-screen mode on pc, though when i played it years ago i had trouble setting it up with one on keyboard/mouse and the other controller, we had to both use controllers to get it to work properly. that was a while ago though, could have been fixed by now or could have just been a problem unique to me.

17. williek311

Yes.

I never did any of the co-op in p2. that makes me sad.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I loved The Witness. Though after I completed the first 3 lasers I got stuck. I think I'm at the swamp still. I really admire the game though, and did put it in my list fav '16 games. Some of the puzzles are so well crafted. Might pick it up again soon.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

thanks! hope it works now because i only have a cable for one of my ps4 controllers

20. williek311

But the good thing about The Witness is that if you get stuck at the swamp you can go anywhere else and complete the lasers, theres no order you need to do them in. Hell you can technically beat the game without completing that section.

21. drewinseries

Drew

Just got a PS4, my tag is drewinseries. I've been playing FF15 and Destiny. Feel free to add. Wouldn't mind playing Destiny with peeps.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah that's true. That's another thing I love. Being that the three lasers I have unlocked could have been done in any order or I could have done the other half of the island. People say the puzzles inside the mountain are insane.

23. williek311

They are.

24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Unfortunately that's not gonna go away, sucks you have shit internet but I know how it is because my brother is in the same situation. He brought his X1 over for Christmas just to use my wifi to DL shit haha.

Physical games tend to be a BIT better but like you said they will still require stuff to be DL

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I still have no idea what the fuck was going on in The Witness but loved it anyway

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.