Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 1375

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Neat lil trailer

sean_rugy likes this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Downloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider off Gamepass last night. Never played it but was always interested, looking forward to diving in tonight.

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's just more of the first one. Which is fine, but if you were expecting anything more than that you'll be disappointed.

4. sean_rugy

Welp, I'm an idiot haha. I thought THIS was the first one, ya know because of the rise and all of that. Do I need to play the first one? There is a black hole in my gaming "knowledge" from like 2011-2015.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think for the most part the story of the first one is completely bland and unncessary for the second, but if you're really interested in what started her on this journey, you could probably find a video of the plot online.

sean_rugy likes this.
  6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Alright, cRPG fans. Getting up to speed on all the PC RPGs I missed out on in the 90s because my parents thought D&D was the devil's game. I've played a little bit of Planescape: Torment, but otherwise haven't played enough of the top contenders in the genre to say I have any real knowledge of them. With Steam sale here, I'm thinking I might grab BG2: Enhanced Edition, but also curious about Pillars of Eternity for a "more modern take."

Anyone here played Pillars of Eternity? Recommend it?

7. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Buying a new TV after owning mine for 5+ years is exhausting....

It's a scary 4K world out there....

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I know this feeling. Spent weeks researching TVs not long ago before buying my first 4k TV.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  9. aspeedomodel

What did you end up with and how did it turn out? It's becoming a huge pain and I'm ready to settle haha.

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I ended up going with the 65" Sony X900E. I love it. I did most of my research on rtings.com. They go really in depth on all the 4k TVs.

I did a lot of browsing and research online but I also went to Best Buy a few times just to look at the different models in person. You may notice things that you don't like and you can somewhat compare different models by looking at one and then the other.

I'd suggest looking at this page on Rtings.com. They give their recommendations for the best TVs based on different factors.

Arry and aspeedomodel like this.
  11. aspeedomodel

Awesome, thanks! I was using rtings for so much. Was ready to pull the trigger on the TCL 6 series, but man those banding issues scare me.

Thing is I am in no way hardcore video guy, so was looking something in that mid range. Now, no idea. haha

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah, I went back and forth a ton. Just had to keep narrowing down my list of ones I liked. I looked into TCL a lot since they seemed pretty good and you can't beat the prices.

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve never bought a tv they’ve all been hand me downs from my dad because he goes through like a tv a year

lightning likes this.
  14. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Ohhh thank you for this. I'm looking for an upgrade to 4k as well. Sucks that the Sony TV loses quality on a tilt.. I just moved into a new place and it has to be mounted a little high and tilted down because of the fireplace. But I'm thinking the quality decrease won't even be noticeable?

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm not too sure about that. It mostly loses quality from viewing from side angles. But I feel like almost all TVs do that.

16. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Ahh okay. I have to tilt it down so I think I might be good... Thank you!

17. lightning

i mean it's a continuation and there are characters from the previous one but it's not like a huge deal or anything. rise is also way better, and i'm hoping shadow will be even better than rise.

Vase Full Of Rocks and sean_rugy like this.
  18. lightning

speaking of which i just started up TR Anniversary again bc i don't think i ever finished it

19. lightning

WD2 is the easiest and most enjoyable (in terms of fun and atmosphere). I'd also like to know what you think of it.
    FFXV...I'd uh...just play the Royal Edition instead.

20. sean_rugy

gonna watch a recap or something and just jump in, thanks!

lightning and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Anyone play Fifa 18 on here? I havent bought a Fifa in years and it's on sale right now and am really tempted to get it. I used to love playing fifa games

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Is that where the sports happens?

23. sean_rugy

omg I hope I never let Lara fall in a spike trap again that was horrific

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, It's quite brutal sometimes...

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I just enjoyed this so much.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.