Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 598

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love Uncharted 4.

2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I haven’t played it in awhile but it’s probably the second best looking game on ps4.

ive been meaning to replay it

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Uc4 does kind of drag it’s ending out

4. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Playing Returnal and I thought I was pretty hot shit after beating Phrike second try after seeing a lot of people have trouble with him. Now I've been stuck on the second boss for days with no progress made. Game is very very cool though

5. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i managed to get a Xbox Series S recently!! i'm excited to finally get to play all the various Xbox games i missed out on from the 360 to now (i'm playing Fable 2 rn)
    also planning on getting Death's Door soon!

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Screenshot_20210724-060834_Chrome.jpg

Look what's on Playstation's website

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

meh

8. Today’s purchase

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Give us one for the 5!

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

jesus i see the console approved ssds are still twice as expensive

11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

about to set my gaming PC back up tomorrow, it’s been in my closet since I relapsed in April and had to go to rehab, my gf got really mad and packed up all my shit and stuffed it in our closet lol. of course I went to rehab two more times after that so she was probably in the right but I need my games man...

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

No way I'm here with a few years clean without gaming at addictive levels lmao.

gonz (Alex) and sophos34 like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

PC is back up and running baby!

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

not sure what to play first, im afraid its been so long that anything i wanna play im gonna have to start over or i'll be lost. i think i can pick up witcher 3 blood and wine from where i was pretty easily but other than that i had maybe 5-10 hours put into a handful of games that im gonna need to start over with. divinity original sin 2, fallout new vegas, mass effect 2, doom eternal and dragon age origins just to name a few. i really wanna fully dive into divinity 2 because i was loving it when i was playing it a lot back in february, but i was super deep in my drug addiction and def forgot almost everything.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

God there is nothing worse than being like 10 hours into a game stepping away for a while and trying to come back but forgetting everything, yet also not wanting to start over. Last time that happened to me with a couple games that quit playing anything for like 6 months.

17. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Dos2 is amazing but im the same boat. I left it for so long im lost when i try to pick it up. I got 70 hours on ps4 and probably 75% done before going to pc and there i bave maybe 30 hours. Did fane on pa4, and sebille on pc.

Same with xcom2. I dont want to start again but im lost just diving back in.

sophos34 likes this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yep if i dont keep up with gaming as a hobby and step away for even just a few weeks to a month i get discouraged when i come back and forget where im at and how to play the games i was invested in and wind up just not playing anything for a long time. kind of why ive been putting off getting my PC set back up for so long, im lost on where to start on all the games i was invested in and really dont feel like starting over because it hasnt been THAT long and some games like fallout new vegas and dragon age origins ill be starting over for like the 5th or 6th time because this always happens when i try playing those games lol i dont think ive made it more than 2 hours into either of them but i know the intros to both like the back of my hand.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i feel less bad about starting over since i can just go with a different character and team build, i barely remember what i was running previously anyway and know i had hit a wall where it seemed like i was too low a level for most quests but had done almost everything at my level. so i probably skipped some stuff or rushed through previous areas a bit and need to explore a bit more.

20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

me with persona 5 royale

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

anyone play ff14? I miss wow but obviously can’t support blizzard anymore, is it a worthwhile MMO that a beginner can get sucked into?

22. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’ve heard nothing but good things

23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

24. Tides

@IMTides_

in my opinion it's a really great game, especially since you get the base game and first expansion for free on the free trial, BUT (and this is a commonly held sentiment) the base game is a bit of a slog to get through. It's pretty important for world building, but it's just tedious and there's a lot of "go here, go there, go here again" kind of missions that kind of pad out the time.

it gets way way better as soon as you hit the first expansion (and the story really picks up between the first credits roll and the start of the first expansion imo), but yeah, ARR has not aged well. definitely worth playing through it though! and if you're a fan of Final Fantasy in general, I hear the later expansions are considered some of the best story telling in the entire franchise (although I haven't gotten that far myself yet)

i do appreciate that "just drag yourself through the first 20~30 hours and THEN it gets good honest!!!" isn't the most exciting of selling points though (and I don't really think ARR is ~that~ bad, it's just a bit... long)

Fucking Dustin and sophos34 like this.
  25. ragnarokstar

Regular

I just finished Shadowbringers and I can verify it is some amazing stuff. I think Heavansward is my favorite but just by a hair.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  26. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Psychonauts 2 this week!!!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.