Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

2. RyanRyan

You suck. You were quiet cos your gf? We had many jokes at your expense because your mic was muted?

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

RyanRyan likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

my gf yells at me for gaming too hard at least 3 times a night

5. RyanRyan Jun 14, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2020)
    RyanRyan

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. RyanRyan

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah i didnt have a mic that time hahah

8. RyanRyan

Oh now the mute remembers

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. RyanRyan

Bored af at work. Stumbled on a TLOU2 spoiler-free video demonstrating violence in the game. I winced so hard. This game looks absolutely fucking brutal. I’ve not seen anything like that in a game before. It looks genuinely real at times...damn. I feel like this is a move to make you feel the weight behind every encounter.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm not into stuff like that, at all, but the idea that everyone says it's some of the best storytelling in games makes me want to play it so I'm really torn on whether or not I want to play it.

mescalineeyes and RyanRyan like this.
  11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I figured it was gonna be that way when the inital trailer had that girl’s arms broken with a hammer

RyanRyan likes this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Fucking Dustin and RyanRyan like this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think people just want to be like "we can be amazing humans!" and let that detract from the game. Like, I also think humans can be great, but um, we're also not living in that world so your point is moot.

RyanRyan likes this.
  15. RyanRyan

I feel like there’s something to be said about how graphic it is, because you’re doing the same shit in every other game these days. Just because you don’t see the aftermath doesn’t make what you did any less gruesome. Seems to me like the purpose of this is again, to show the weight your actions actually carry. This isn’t COD where you endlessly gun down people without blinking an eye. This is far less detached. And taking people out of their little bubble is apparently too much.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. DarkHotline

Vase Full Of Rocks and RyanRyan like this.
  17. DarkHotline

Also, America as a culture is full of gory, violent shit, not to mention that video games is full of gory, violent shit. So why the hand wringing or the “Are we better than this?!” takes?

18. RyanRyan

Because it’s a hugely anticipated release and it’ll get them more attention lmao. You literally can blow people’s heads off and shoot civilians in COD. You execute people online, stabbing them in every which way before point-blank shooting them in the face while puffing a cigar. Cos it looks cool. But hey, that’s just realism. Boots on the ground. The realities of terrorism and real life. With TLOU, a game about the apocalypse, we can do better. Get outta here.

19. Anthony_

20. RyanRyan

21. DarkHotline

It’s so absurd. Like do expect people in the apocalypse to be modest and understanding? People are fighting for resources but nah, let’s tone it down.

Vase Full Of Rocks and RyanRyan like this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

"This just in: violence just added to video games in 2020! Jack Thompson steps up to the plate to destroy the ESRB and the games you love!"

DarkHotline and RyanRyan like this.
  23. Anthony_

Lot of reductionist takes getting thrown out about a pretty thoughtful piece of writing on the subject of whether or not this game is actually saying anything real or meaningful through its use of violence. Ah well.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Anthony_

Delegitimizing the honest opinion of an LGBTQ woman is also not the best look. Ah, well.

25. RyanRyan

Jesus Christ - nobody mentioned her sexual preference/gender and I know that I personally have no fucking clue who wrote it. I didn’t even know it was a woman. I didn’t even read their name. Now you’re reaching. Seriously? I don’t agree with their views - it has ZERO to do with anything even remotely LGBTQ.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.