Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Video Games : Game Harder JFG Edition [ARCHIVED] Video Game • Page 443

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oldjersey, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I see you hadn't caught up yet haha

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  2. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Is Valheim really that good?

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

FUCK VIKINGS

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  4. Yeah, gameplay in 5 is pretty great, but the story is just not as fun(ny) as 4--did Chris just say "Let's give it a shot" while Sheva was holding an injection needle--

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Make sure to play the Lost in Nightmares DLC if you have the Gold edition of 5. One of my favorite parts of that game!

6. xkaylinh Mar 7, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2021)
    Finished 5. It fixed a lot of the clunkiness of 4, and the setting was more interesting than just the constant browns and greys of the village/castle/island, but Wesker fights were so fucking annoying, even more so than Nemesis, mostly because half the time it was unclear whether you were supposed to shoot or run away or distract him; I died 13 times in 6-3. It's nice that Sheva is your equal in combat as opposed to someone you constantly have to save and protect (not that I dislike Sherry/Ashley at all), but I kind of wish I could've chosen to play as her from the get-go. idk, maybe I'll replay a few missions as her, ones where I don't have to fight Wesker.

Sounds good, I'll check it out!

edit: Apparently. the cutscene viewer reflects your costume and filter choices, which is pretty neat.

I don't like Mercenaries. And probably won't try Versus

edit2: Are there any other extras worth checking out, like in the previous games? I read that Ghost Survivors wasn't canon, so I skipped it. I liked playing as Ada in Separate Ways.

edit3: Lost in Nightmares was great! Except for the Wesker fight, ughhh. I really liked when we lost our guns and had to resort to spike traps to kill the big dudes.

I also played the one with Jill and Josh, which I enjoyed as well. Much more action oriented, lots of chainsaw and minigun bois in lieu of an annoying boss fight

I think I might take a little detour and replay REmake 3 before jumping into 6. Infected townsfolk are cool and all but I kinda miss zombies haha

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. wisdomfordebris Mar 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2021)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Quickly dropping by to suggest you all play Tower Unite! If you ever see Foxing music videos on the TV in the billiards room, you know who’s in there.

edit: Should’ve mentioned that you can also book karaoke rooms...

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

https://www.ign.com/articles/micros...ficially-complete-bethesda-now-a-part-of-xbox

Microsoft's ZeniMax acquisition is officially completed. Bethesda is now apart of Xbox 100%. Confirms some new titles will indeed be exclusive to Xbox and PC

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer welcomed ZeniMax, Bethesda Softworks, and all their development studios to the Xbox family, saying, "Now that everything is official, we can begin working together to deliver more great games to everyone."

Spencer added that there will be more news about how Xbox's teams will work coming later this year, but promised further Bethesda games would be added to Xbox Game Pass later this week to celebrate (no details on what those games are has been announced yet).

"With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players."

9. Anthony_ Mar 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2021)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Pretty confident in saying that all legacy IP (Doom, Wolfenstein, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.) will remain multiplatform, maybe with some timed exclusivity. Anything new will be case-by-case but probably lean toward exclusive. I think there's a decent chance Starfield is the first major exclusive, unless enough work was already done on the Playstation version that it wouldn't make sense to cancel it. I doubt that's the case though.

Cameron and AFoolsGlory like this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Said it before and I’ll say it again, the large majority of Bethesda games going forward will not be on other consoles. People can believe whatever they please, but Microsoft absolutely did not spend 7.5b on an acquisition to not change the entire narrative that plagued them all of last generation about not having enough exclusive games. They did not spend 7.5b to only secure these games come to Game Pass day and date.

Game Pass is the entire brand strategy for Xbox going forward, that much is obvious, and the Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc model clearly shows you do not get to the point you want to be at without a healthy dose of exclusive content.

Will all of them be exclusive? No. I fully expect any GaaS titles (Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, any similar titles or any successors to these) will remain multi platform. They aren’t going to take that away from players. Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo are obviously coming to Sony first, and something like Indiana Jones depending on what kind of deal was made with Lucasfilm, or even Starfield if it was deep in production for PS5, but after that? I don’t believe for a second you’ll see any of the heavy hitters on other consoles, at the very least not for the first year of release.

The value proposition of spending 7.5b to remain status quo would be absolutely horrid. Allowing these games to exist on other platforms where Game Pass does not exist does not drive Game Pass subscriptions, and they know that.

I fully expect some to refute this, and I won’t say any more on the subject because I know this can sometimes evolve into a bit of a heated debate online, but if you don’t believe me, just wait and see.

Zach and AFoolsGlory like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Guess I won't be playing any more Bethesda. Their loss.

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

That’s a weird stance to take, imo. If these are some of your favorite franchises (not saying they are, I have no idea), you wouldn’t make an effort to play them on Xbox or PC or even the cloud going forward? How can someone be that loyal to a piece of plastic? If Halo and Forza and all of my franchises went exclusively to PS5, I would buy a PS5 as soon as I could afford it.

Not trying to attack you or anyone else, but I genuinely don’t understand that kind of brand loyalty.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't plan on buying an XBOX?

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

just an unnecessary purchase.

15. Anthony_

I mean he literally said "some new titles in the future" will be exclusive, not "all" or even "most". All future Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom games will 100% be multiplatform, whether day and date or after a period of exclusivity. Any new IP, and certain new entries in older franchises, will be case-by-case.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Then I guess I'll play DOOM.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

PC? Cloud?

You’re going to be able to play all of these games moving forward on an iPad. I guarantee you we see smart TV apps for Game Pass in time. There have even been rumors of some sort of a low-cost streaming stick for Game Pass for TVs.

Again, I’m not attacking you or trying to come off as hostile here at all, but if none of those options are feasible or appeal to someone, it really just feels like someone wants nothing to do with the Xbox brand and catalogue as a whole.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My laptop can barely handle Magic the Gathering.

19. Anthony_

It just doesn't make sense for them to leave money on the table, there are some people who will never buy an Xbox regardless of what games are exclusive to it. Doesn't make sense to not hold the games as exclusives for six months to a year and then put them out on Playstation and make a bunch of money.

You want to be part of the conversation on Day 1? Get GamePass. You want to miss out on the early hype and have FOMO for six months? Go ahead and wait, plus also give us $70. It's the best of both worlds

Vase Full Of Rocks and Cameron like this.
  20. 333 GANG

ACAB

There was never going to be a blanket statement on all future titles given today or anytime in the near future. They’re leaving the door open, plain and simple.

Again, people can believe whatever they please, but you don’t grow Game Pass to 50 million, 100 million subscribers without premiere exclusive content, and if you think all of the biggest Bethesda titles are going to be everywhere going forward, I have a bridge to sell you.

21. Anthony_ Mar 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2021)
    Anthony_

Also I always see the Netflix/streaming service comparisons thrown around, as if Netflix doesn't also take their biggest shows and put them out on blu-ray for people to buy months after they've been up for streaming lol. Same philosophy. If Netflix wanted to force people to have to subscribe in order to watch Stranger Things, they wouldn't make it available for non-subscribers. Same with HBO. Are we going to pretend that The Sopranos and Game of Thrones and every other major series they've done isn't available on DVD/blu-ray?

Doom, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout will not be permanently exclusive to Xbox/PC going forward, I feel very confident in saying. There's too much money that would be left on the table to not have them on Playstation. Microsoft isn't stupid.

22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Bethesda, as a whole, still has to prove themselves after the disaster that was Fallout '76 before I go out of my way to even stream something from them right now.

Vase Full Of Rocks and Cameron like this.
  23. Anthony_

I've heard some good things about the current state of Fallout 76 actually.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I could see ES6 being timed exclusive but no way will it not release on other consoles. Games that don’t have a big following on PS, like Starfield, I could see being exclusive.

Cameron likes this.
  25. Anthony_

I think we will very rarely see new IP from Bethesda on other platforms, if ever. Maybe if they do some smaller scale games I could see Microsoft putting them out on a Nintendo platform. But yeah the games with huge multiplatform followings will definitely be available on Playstation, even if it comes after a period of exclusivity. You're just shooting yourself in the foot by not doing it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.